Domain Empire

UNI will be gone 2021

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doc24

A Wish SandwichEstablished Member
Impact
UNI will be gone 2021 as we know it. No more self brokered domain names through their marketplace according to an announcement by GoDaddy..

I think that sucks to be honest and the fact that we are not allowed to sell our own names.. I have always had great success with their back end admin and negotiations with potential buyers. Afternic price request have always been a giant waste of time for me ... IMO.

Yes I have my own website already and yes I get some through there. However I have tried Afternic Landers, Sedo, Dan, and a few others, but UNI was by far the best for me. Yes you should always list in multiple places, but in the end for me it was always UNI with the best buyers that seemed more serious to purchase. Again.. IMO

This was sent out by Godaddy and UNI to my email address telling all the domain sellers that there will be no more self brokered domains and everything will be combined coming soon in 2021. That they will be using landers supplied by afternic and other changes will be announced. Check with your own GoDaddy/UNI rep for more information

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My 2020 experience on Uni is the worst among all landers... even on Bodis I had better results.

•••
•••
Again my point is self brokering..I had some success with Bodis but their landers are just bad

•••
You just noticed?

Uni brokers continue to give profession a bad name.

The most relentless overbearing brokers are Uni’s.

never inquire on one of their names u wont hear end of it

Last edited:
•••
I
You just noticed?

Uni brokers continue to give profession a bad name.

I DONT use UNI Brokers - Period as I stated I self broker

•••
I

I DONT use UNI Brokers - Period as I stated I self broker

Sorry “broker” is a trigger word for me.

I politely asked no straight answer and still got emails back 4 yrs later from brokers of this registrar in question

Last edited:
•••
In terms of serious buyers - the best results I had just using plain contact form at ParkingCrew (without mention "for sale" and offer field).

•••
Sorry “broker” is a trigger word for me.

I politely asked no straight answer and still got emails back 4 yrs later from brokers of this registrar in question

I agree with that 100%

•••
Selfbrokerage is available on Epik...
Just park there and don't list on their marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
Selfbrokerage is available on Epik...
Just park there and don't list on their marketplace.

Sorry not interested in that company for a variety of reasons - but thank you

•••
I didn't see that announcement by GoDaddy. But I agree Uni will probably disappear.

•••
I didn't see that announcement by GoDaddy. But I agree Uni will probably disappear.

It was just send out recently - Its definitely going to happen..

•••
Sorry not interested in that company for a variety of reasons - but thank you
There is always Efty?......for a monthly fee though

•••
There is always Efty?......for a monthly fee though

Thanks - Did efty but I dont like certain things about it and I could not change some items and created my own website - I have been doing this a long time and have evaluated many platforms .. for me UNI inquiries were more often and more serious buyers

One of the main things is the logo spacing is horrible, I dont want logos , just the names - dont need slanted versions..just the names, buyers could not care less about that - they are looking for the right name

Last edited:
•••
now that uni is going, is there any other self brokering domain marketplace where we can get the lead info (dan.com , sedo etc does not provide lead info).

•••
now that uni is going, is there any other self brokering domain marketplace where we can get the lead info (dan.com , sedo etc does not provide lead info).

Have not seen one as of yet

•••

Epik, You get every information about your lead.

•••
Give their CEO a chance @Rob Monster

Still the only registrar CEO to post at NP.

Love you, Rob.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
How about their BIN priced landers?

Last edited:
•••
Give their CEO a chance @Rob Monster

Still the only registrar CEO to post at NP.

Love you, Rob.

Samer

There are more, but maybe you don't see them, as you're focused on Rob :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
And even more. For just one recent example, see also this introduction post from @Thomas Vis

https://www.namepros.com/threads/openprovider-official-thread.1227144/

CEO's will not always use their title CEO or Founder here on nP.

I remember this. What an entrance!

But they’re re-sellers :xf.frown:, and no NP name of said CEO.
I guess, give a pass, since they are going recognition, but identity all way : )) Post 10/10 and i considered them.
Have any fully accredited registrars?tend make differenc

Frank Schilling was long out of the game before this...
Nice guy though! Cant seem find Schilling’s NP acc :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back