biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
Question

why bother

posting for such a low budget?

why not

just register a domain?

ie: looking for a nice hosting domain, under $10.

maybe someone could explain the rational to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is called shoe string budget or no budget at all. Over the past year I watch several "kiddie" hosts open up and then shut down leaving behind disgruntled customers. Why not just register a new name? Good question.

•••
People often reg nice names planned/ideal for dev. but never get around to it, these names are sometimes/usually better then any you can find unregged as far as made up names go. I've picked up a few names in this price range they are just that, names with potential if dev.

•••
Tippy said:
People often reg nice names planned/ideal for dev. but never get around to it, these names are sometimes/usually better then any you can find unregged as far as made up names go. I've picked up a few names in this price range they are just that, names with potential if dev.

Heh, I would be considered one of these people. But somehow I come to developed my domains after a period of time. :hehe:

•••
I think people do it, because if you have a specific domain name that isn't great, you would rather cut your losses, selling it at $5, then just let it drop for nothing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back