IT.COM

domain uncomfortable.net and others in the post

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Stockford Dev.

Established Member
Impact
Ok so I am going to list all my newly acquired domain names, I'm not necessarily asking anyone to sit down and fully appraise all of them but I just want to get some different people's thoughts on if any of them are any good. Also I am only very new to this, I am just learning to appraise, I'm not saying all the names on my list are huge winners but some people's thoughts on if I am sort of headed in the right direction with the names I am buying or if I am totally out of whack and these are all just reg fee names and I need to try and review my appraisal methods and what signifies a "good" aka valuable domain name. Ok thanks a ton this forum is great here is the list

uncomfortable.net
development.cc
commands.biz
emergencylocksmithtoday.com
oweyou1.com
wellwhy.com
leadingcauseof.com
saleskeynote.com
ourmoneynow.com
commandsyntax.com
teenagealcoholics.com
createafile.com
nxttxt.com
postyourdomain.com

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Ok so this is my one bump for the day, picked up "onthepodcasts.com" but was very tempted to buy "thisthatthose.com" and "worldsbestwebhosting.com" as well. Would those have been better choices? Would sure like to hear from some professionals as to if I am on the right track or get an appraisal of any of the names at least. Thanks so much in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMHO -

A lot of people testing the waters in domaining refuse to take advice from seasoned domainers that been around a minute, don't start registering up domains that you personally feel someone would buy, regardless of the advice that's all over.

I made the mistake of being stubborn in the beginning as with mostly all domainers by registering up a lot of crap thinking "They don't know what they're talking about, this is a good name"

You'll end up spending a lot of money just for after 12 months your domains are still sitting there and you're saying "Oh sh*t $500 in renewal fees" and they all drop.

With the same amount of money being spent registering up names you "thought of" - stop a minute, and say hey, I can buy 25 names I find available, or for the same price, buy 1 or 2 solid names that have age and are agreed upon that they can bring in a sale.

Anyway, just sharing my opinion for anyone reading this, not just you.

As for your names, I honestly don't see anyone coming to give you offers anytime soon for any of them, a couple you could maybe reach out and find someone to buy it for low-mid $xx

uncomfortable.net - This could be sold for mid-high $xx, possibly xxx if an enduser really likes it. You've got several paths to go. Think furniture stores, anxiety blogs/sites, or even developing this as a brand yourself, uncomfortable situations, videos, humor or not.

development.cc - Stay away from .CC, these are what now, $15-$20 to reg, no one buys them. That's why they're available in the first place.

postyourdomain.com - This one isn't bad, isn't great either. Low - mid $xx, a lot more if you develop.

commands.biz - Regfee to maybe low $xx, if I can't quickly come up with something it would be useful for and I have to sit and think awhile, it's usually not a winner. Then again, it could be useful for an industry or niche I'm not familiar with.

emergencylocksmithtoday.com - $0
oweyou1.com
wellwhy.com - $0
leadingcauseof.com - $0
saleskeynote.com - $0
ourmoneynow.com - $0
commandsyntax.com - $0
teenagealcoholics.com - $0
createafile.com - $0
nxttxt.com - $0

Last edited:
•••
Ok I'm not surprised at the response I pretty much expected it because there is something I'm missing about what makes a good domain name, I don't want to do what you said and be stubborn and refuse to take advice, I just don't clearly understand your advice, if I can't even pick a good basic domain name how am I to feel comfortable in spending xxx - xxxx on one? I'm not saying you're wrong about the value of the domain names but many of them are fairly short, apply to general categories, are easy to remember, and in my opinion could have projects built on all of them, yes some more than others but still obviously I'm missing something because I can't pick a winner out of twenty. I see names like this going for money all the time, so what's the secret? I appreciate the advice that tomcarl gave but I'm no closer to understanding what domain/domains to invest in. You're saying to only invest in turnkey businesses not plain old domain names?How do I find a good domain even one, to invest in. uncomfortable.net appraises in Estibot for $16,000 and they are the low end of the estimates. So please don't just tell me I'm doing it wrong but tell me how to do it right. What domain would you buy if you could buy your first domain all over again? I am not a wealthy businessman I am just a person with limited options trying to find a legitimate investment on the web. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Signed,
Confused but earnest newbie.

•••
IMHO -

A lot of people testing the waters in domaining refuse to take advice from seasoned domainers that been around a minute, don't start registering up domains that you personally feel someone would buy, regardless of the advice that's all over.

I made the mistake of being stubborn in the beginning as with mostly all domainers by registering up a lot of crap thinking "They don't know what they're talking about, this is a good name"

You'll end up spending a lot of money just for after 12 months your domains are still sitting there and you're saying "Oh sh*t $500 in renewal fees" and they all drop.

With the same amount of money being spent registering up names you "thought of" - stop a minute, and say hey, I can buy 25 names I find available, or for the same price, buy 1 or 2 solid names that have age and are agreed upon that they can bring in a sale.

Anyway, just sharing my opinion for anyone reading this, not just you.

As for your names, I honestly don't see anyone coming to give you offers anytime soon for any of them, a couple you could maybe reach out and find someone to buy it for low-mid $xx

uncomfortable.net - This could be sold for mid-high $xx, possibly xxx if an enduser really likes it. You've got several paths to go. Think furniture stores, anxiety blogs/sites, or even developing this as a brand yourself, uncomfortable situations, videos, humor or not.

development.cc - Stay away from .CC, these are what now, $15-$20 to reg, no one buys them. That's why they're available in the first place.

postyourdomain.com - This one isn't bad, isn't great either. Low - mid $xx, a lot more if you develop.

commands.biz - Regfee to maybe low $xx, if I can't quickly come up with something it would be useful for and I have to sit and think awhile, it's usually not a winner. Then again, it could be useful for an industry or niche I'm not familiar with.

emergencylocksmithtoday.com - $0
oweyou1.com
wellwhy.com - $0
leadingcauseof.com - $0
saleskeynote.com - $0
ourmoneynow.com - $0
commandsyntax.com - $0
teenagealcoholics.com - $0
createafile.com - $0
nxttxt.com - $0

I agree with this and I think the short answer is that none of these domains hold a great deal of intrinsic value. That is to say yes they could attain some level of value but only with development. Development costs you time and money and for the names with 0 appraisal value this amount over rides the value after your time and investment. Best advice read a lot name pros has a wealth of information on domaining.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back