IT.COM

domain ukonline//org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi Friends,

Help me with the appraisal for ukonline//org.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nithya

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK, I'll try my best for you.

So lets take this domain from the UK perspective (it really doesn't have a Global impact)
The Brits tend to view the .org and .org.uk extensions as Information or help-sites. This includes Charities or not-for-profit-sites. They tend to look upon Org sites that are clearly commercial rather despairingly. That doesn't mean you can't get away with it. But it generally isn't worth the effort. Sure Arty or College student type developments are almost expected to be on the .Org.

Now lets take a look at your 'UKonline' term. Well it's in the right order and correct grammar But, and it's a big BUT. a UK audience is going to expect either a Statistical analysis type of site or as we have in the UK a Social-tariff information site. The social tariffs that many UK broadband services provide are quite popular with benefit claimants' etc. The Absolute Downside to their apparent generosity (usually just a £5 discount against their basic offering) Is you have to pass the same stringent credit-checks as a normal contract. - Not many clear that hurdle.

So from me I would give it Zero value as a resale domain. But it could make for a development that you could incorporate ads on etc. The .com and net are just redirects, so nothing happening there. Yes, I've seen the asking prices. but that's fairly irrelevant

And if you decide to keep it MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER the .ORG.UK as a pair . It's available and will cost you just over a dollar/ a UK pound at 123-reg.co.uk for the first year.. The Brits tend to go to the .org.uk. The .org is seen as more a global extension, Which of course it is.

So could you sell it for a profit - undeveloped, absolutely NOT. developed- yes quite possibly if it was generating some income

Last edited:
•••
I like it. With the unrelenting drive in the UK to get everyone & everything online, and the huge companies invested in online skills training programmes, I reckon this could fetch silly money in the not too distant future if you're cool with holding it.

•••
The term is OK - it's just in this instance the .org extension is not going to carry it.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back