Domain Empire

UK/EU Dedicated Server Hosts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am opening up this discussion as I am currently with RapidSwitch - who serve me very well, but due to requirements I may have to move elsewhere.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with other UK server providers (or EU ones) and could provide some insight to summarise your experiences.

I don't want to hear about OVH/Leaseweb/Hetzner as they are not the kind of service I am looking for (cheap for a reason).

One I am particularly interested in is Redstation - if anyone uses/used them before I would like to know what you thought.

Any advise is much appriciated :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am sorry for being unable to help with an experience share, but In case if you didn't know, EU site hosting is more expensive than American, while there won't be any visible difference in performance for anyone in the world.

•••
You should look for web hosting companies in UK where you will get lot of reputable web hosts and their peering across EU is good enough to make sure you have a standard class service and access. However, without knowing your hosting budget and other resource requirements we cannot recommend you a proper solution. If you can tell us these things, then we will be able to suggest you some good hosting providers in UK for comparison.

•••
I have not dealt with Redstation directly but another company that collocates there.

I think they have some planned maintenance in a day or so other then that the network is up and running flatout 24/7 with no issues.

•••
Thanks for replies.

To the first two - I am not here to provide any 'spec' I am looking for, I simply wanted to know if anyone had any feedback on their experiences with UK hosts.

I cannot consider a US server, as I am running a game on the server of which 90% of the players are from the UK and Western Europe, so I need a UK server, possibly a NL one, but again I know few NL hosts - Leaseweb is pretty poor in terms of support.

•••
Thanks for replies.

To the first two - I am not here to provide any 'spec' I am looking for, I simply wanted to know if anyone had any feedback on their experiences with UK hosts.

I cannot consider a US server, as I am running a game on the server of which 90% of the players are from the UK and Western Europe, so I need a UK server, possibly a NL one, but again I know few NL hosts - Leaseweb is pretty poor in terms of support.

Leaseweb have different SLA's that you can pay for.

Are you looking for a fully managed solution?
It might be worthwhile getting management from a third-party if the hosts you're looking at can't accommodate your needs on that level.

I'd take a look at finding a web host that operates out of the Global Switch data centres in either Amsterdam or London.
One that I know of: EuroPhase

Good luck!

•••
As you from UK, then why don't you consider eUKhost. A pretty reputable web host in the market. And according to my knowledge, their data center is in Maidenhead. However, choice is yours...

•••
Try search google for reviews of their service and compare them :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back