Dynadot

domains UK Computer Group has acquired the Comet domain + brand for £86,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
UK Computer Group has acquired the rights to the Comet brand and is set to revive household name in Q1 next year.

Comet was founded in 1993 and became a staple of the UK retail market, before its demise in 2012 saw 6,500 jobs lost.

Adam Muir, director at UK Computer Group, said: "We have purchased an amazing brand with a loyal consumer database.

A report filed with Companies House, dated 29 November reveals that Comet's brand, domain names and trademarks were sold for £86,000 in June.

read more (channel web uk)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did the sale include Comet.com or just .co.uk?

•••
It is not a brand I am familiar with living in the US.

When I hear Comet I think of the famous cleaner, which is worth a lot more.
https://www.cometcleaner.com/

I doubt it included the .COM.

It doesn't seem like the .COM was developed by this company after looking at archive.org.

Domain or not, that price seems like a steal for the former companies brand and IP.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
UK liquidation - always a chance to pick up a good bargain

The brand imo is dogsh*t but that database is worth a hell of a lot more than the 80k

•••
UK liquidation - always a chance to pick up a good bargain

The brand imo is dogsh*t but that database is worth a hell of a lot more than the 80k
The customers in that database can't be very loyal at this point. The company has been dead for about 7 years.

•••
The customers in that database can't be very loyal at this point. The company has been dead for about 7 years.
how many 100,000s of email address and contact info will be in there? Their buying habits?

Worth a fair bit to the right people imo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back