IT.COM

uBlock Origin turns Bodis parking pages blank

NameSilo
Watch
uBlock is a very popular adblocker, if you install it and go to one of your bodis parked pages you will get an empty page.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As a curiosity, I just checked a few random /not mine/ bodis-parked domains of different owners. It appears that ublock origin (at least with the config I'm using on 2 different laptops / OSes) does NOT like bodis-hosted inquiry form. It does not forward me at all. Empty page is all I see. Example: 000 (.) co (.) in

I'm still forwarded to external forsale pages. Example: somebody is selling levensongroup (.) com on sav - and it works, as I see normal bodis parking + forsale link without adblock, and it forwards to sav BIN lander with adblock enabled.

Very strange...

Last edited:
•••
As a curiosity, I just checked a few random /not mine/ bodis-parked domains of different owners. It appears that ublock origin (at least with the config I'm using on 2 different laptops / OSes) does NOT like bodis-hosted inquiry form. It does not forward me at all. Empty page is all I see. Example: 000 (.) co (.) in

I'm still forwarded to external forsale pages. Example: somebody is selling levensongroup (.) com on sav - and it works, as I see normal bodis parking + forsale link without adblock, and it forwards to sav BIN lander with adblock enabled.

Very strange...

how can it detect whether the banner sale link goes to bodis inquiry or ext market before even clicking on banner. so u get all ads and ext lander and all is good with blocker as long as bodis inquiry form not hiding behind forsale banner? if so I'm gonna be saying.me some goodbyes to their inquiry form real fast

•••
OK, little more digging, thanks to @alcy who PMed some examples:

Most likely -

"URL" sale method + Tier2 ads enabled --> it works

Anything else (including bodis inquiry form and preset marketplaces) --> it does not work

Reason: bodis seems to be routing almost all forsale stuff via "yourdomain.com/listing" URL. If bodis-hosted contact form is selected - then the visitor without ublock clicks on the link and arrives to "/listing", where the contact form is located. Even if lets say DAN marketplace is selected - then the visitors arrives to "/listing" URL first, and it forwards the vistor to DAN. Ublock origin blocks "/listing", which is why there is no forwarding both to makeoffer form and to any and all preset marketplaces.

With URL sale method, bodis does not send the visitor to "/listing" URL, and visitors with ublock are successfully and instantly (~1 second delay) forwarded to external forsale destination.

The above is just the best guess, more tests are needed...

Last edited:
•••
OK, little more digging, thanks to @alcy who PMed some examples:

Most likely -

"URL" sale method + Tier2 ads enabled --> it works

Anything else (including bodis inquiry form and preset marketplaces) --> it does not work

Reason: bodis seems to be routing almost all forsale stuff via "yourdomain.com/listing" URL. If bodis-hosted contact form is selected - then the visitor without ublock clicks on the link and arrives to "/listing", where the contact form is located. Even if lets say DAN marketplace is selected - then the visitors arrives to "/listing" URL first, and it forwards the vistor to DAN. Ublock origin blocks "/listing", which is why there is no forwarding both to makeoffer form and to any and all preset marketplaces.

With URL sale method, bodis does not send the visitor to "/listing" URL, and visitors with ublock are successfully and instantly (~1 second delay) forwarded to external forsale destination.

The above is just the best guess, more tests are needed...
I can't get it to work, I am not sending all to domain marketplace, no more parking. Crazy thing is how ublock is blocking bodis when that page is really light to load, a few text ads

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back