Two questions about front-running.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
5,386
I've just had a third name listed by a front-running scammer. I'm a fairly small player in the domain world, so I assume that the practice of front-running is on the increase at the moment. I'm surprised that the market places haven't commented in the reports of this unsavoury practice. It has been suggested to me that it is staff members who are doing this, but I find it difficult to believe that these companies would risk their businesses for what must be a relatively small profit. So I have two questions -

What can I do to safeguard my names against this attempted "theft"? I'm a bit sensitive about the issue, because I have lost a number of names in the past due to registrar "error" or neglect.

Do you check that the market place is able to deliver a name when paying for a fast transfer? A company supporting a front-runner may not be able to deliver the name, and waiting for a refund ties up funds and may involve costs. A simple who-is check and email before paying could help save this inconvenience.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Why should I have to contact them. They must know that it's changed, or they wouldn't have triggered the mail contact, and why do they say it's a new request - that makes it sound like a scam.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back