Dynadot

advice Two letter CcTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Everyone,
I have only liked .coms ever since i joined here. Now I am looking at various country CcTLDs. Any idea what a LL.ccTLD should be valued at?

Basic research suggests they trade around 2k? Any thoughts? Notice a few countries dont permit LL only LLL.

Thanks,
M

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
There are so many country code domain names. I suggest you use Namebio.com to analyze recent sales of various ccTLDs.

As @alcy mentioned, LL.al and LL.rs could be options to consider. Also, extensions like .io are gaining popularity. LL domains are not always easy to get.

•••
What about something like LN. Cctld like .co.uk or .com.au

•••
@matt_2004 - are you looking to invest and sell LL ccTLDs or are you looking for one for personal use?

There are way too many details to answer in a simple manner. There are 250+ ccTLDs, not all allow 2C (as you said) and they each have their own rules, restrictions and prices, some of which are deal breakers. There's no backup from ICANN so some of them are like wild wild west, and you're dealing with the laws of the country you choose.

Also there have been and will continue to be landrush registry releases, if you noticed the recent AT Austria 2C LandRush auctions, and IE Ireland had theirs earlier 2016

Short are awesome, I love them, 2-3C in 22 different ccTLDs : grin :

•••
Thanks everyone for input. I am thinking more "mainstream" countries with sizeable populations so that there is a logical local appeal to have .mycountry as opposed to .tech .website etc.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back