Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

anf

Established Member
Impact
ONLY1SOLUTION.com , PATH2FUTURE.com

These two domains have similar structure, so i decided to create a single post.
I think that they are brandable (the first one for anything, the second one for an educational company).
But i am not sure about them. A number between words is not a very popular combination.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Number between words is not popular, as when such a domain is advertised in radio, listeners do not know whether they need to type '2' or 'two' when they hear PATH2FUTURE.com, for example. So we say such a domain does not pass radio test.

Then, end user pool for these domains is also quite limited, you can not envision direct end user for these. Therefore many people call them "brandable" and expect that end users will somehow find these domains, and like them..which in some cases happens. Your domains are not bad, can fetch XXX maybe but chances of reselling are quite slim, it can take many years.

•••
Not good.

No value in these names.

•••
Thanks for your inputs.
I just search namebio, and found several similar name sales:
type2diabetes.com 30,0000
click2compare.com 25,000
machine2machine.com 20,150
file4sharing.com 18,705
cash4silver.com 17,270

Now i am not quite sure that number between words is that bad. And, comparing only1solution.com and file4sharing.com, i would rather prefer only1solution.com.

But i am just learning the business, so i can be wrong. Could you please comment the sales above and compare these sales with domains in question. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Still, not a lot of sales.

Most are not recent sales

Many are sales made by Uniregistry and are higher because of their brokers pushing the names.

Uniregistry brokered names almost always fetch higher prices.

You can always find some sales for almost any unique query at NameBio.

This does not indicate saleability.

Is it possible to sell names like this - sure it is?

Will you sell it - probably not?

Also consider the niches for the names you listed, and their popularity: diabetes, file sharing, precious metals.

I just dropped one of the few names of this type I had.

I originally bought it for myself and when I decided not to use it I kept it as an investment.

I held it for years, and before that it was first regged in the early 2000's.

It was in a good niche and had great terms, but I never had an offer on it.

It made the rounds from domainer to domainer before I got it and never sold to an end user.

That being said, this is a crazy game and you never know, but your names are not the best of this type.

Good luck with them anyway.

Last edited:
•••
such a domain is advertised in radio, listeners do not know whether they need to type '2' or 'two' when they hear PATH2FUTURE.com, for example
I do not think that this is really important. It's 21 century, nobody listens radio anymore. Moreover, if advertising by tv or in the internet, you can always show the picture.

In addition, i think that ONLY1SOLUTION.com is highly brandable. Just imagine a business card with the following phrase: "ONLY1SOLUTION.com. The only solution for your business" (by the way, PATH2FUTURE.ORG is developed and it does not look that bad)

So, i am not quite convinced that these domains are worthless. Additional inputs/thoughts/opinions would be very appreciated. Thanks.

•••
I do not think that this is really important. It's 21 century, nobody listens radio anymore. Moreover, if advertising by tv or in the internet, you can always show the picture.

In addition, i think that ONLY1SOLUTION.com is highly brandable. Just imagine a business card with the following phrase: "ONLY1SOLUTION.com. The only solution for your business" (by the way, PATH2FUTURE.ORG is developed and it does not look that bad)

So, i am not quite convinced that these domains are worthless. Additional inputs/thoughts/opinions would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Anything is possible.

I see sales all the time of domains most of us would not invest in, however they sell anyway.

You can never say never when it comes to domain names.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back