Dynadot

strategy Twitter outreach strategy

NameSilo
Watch

Domain Wildcatter

Established Member
Impact
NamePros' Domaining-Peers,

I notice that in this day and age of scarce sales many of us are eager to learn about new strategies that will help us remain competitive in the domain industry.

To help further the discussion on NamePros, I would like this post to concentrate on what is the best Twitter outreach strategy to sell domain names.

I am about three months into domaining as a career. I have a diversified domain portfolio and am using a SquareSpace coverpage website for my domain names. When I first began, my coverpage was ranked on page 5 of Google. It is now below-the-fold of Page 1. Hopefully in the near future, it can move above-the-fold to attract more eyes.

In addition, I now have developed a Twitter profile to expand my outreach to end-users.

My Twitter link: https://twitter.com/domainwildcat

I would like constructive feedback into how I have designed my tweets.

I am presently using the following format:

Domainname.com is available for purchase. #Enduser #Enduser #Enduser #Enduser #Enduser

Questions:

1. Should I continue to methodically add domain name tweets for everything in my portfolio?

2. Should I keep my #Enduser total to no more than five?

3. Should I mix in recent and relevant news tweets specific to domainers? I see many experienced domainers do this already.

4. Should I mix in recent and relevant news tweets specific to startup names? I see many startup gurus contributing their blog articles about how to name a business in their twitter feeds.

5. Should I nix the cover-page and go with a word-styled blog format website, ie. individual posts about each domain name? This would probably help my SEO, but I would lose the ability to present my domain portfolio on a front page for easy perusal.

I thank each and every one of you that helps me figure out the best possible path forward.

Best regards,

Domain Wildcatter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NamePros' Domaining-Peers,

I notice that in this day and age of scarce sales many of us are eager to learn about new strategies that will help us remain competitive in the domain industry.

To help further the discussion on NamePros, I would like this post to concentrate on what is the best Twitter outreach strategy to sell domain names.

I am about three months into domaining as a career. I have a diversified domain portfolio and am using a SquareSpace coverpage website for my domain names. When I first began, my coverpage was ranked on page 5 of Google. It is now below-the-fold of Page 1. Hopefully in the near future, it can move above-the-fold to attract more eyes.

In addition, I now have developed a Twitter profile to expand my outreach to end-users.

My Twitter link: https://twitter.com/domainwildcat

I would like constructive feedback into how I have designed my tweets.

I am presently using the following format:

Domainname.com is available for purchase. #Enduser #Enduser #Enduser #Enduser #Enduser

Questions:

1. Should I continue to methodically add domain name tweets for everything in my portfolio?

2. Should I keep my #Enduser total to no more than five?

3. Should I mix in recent and relevant news tweets specific to domainers? I see many experienced domainers do this already.

4. Should I mix in recent and relevant news tweets specific to startup names? I see many startup gurus contributing their blog articles about how to name a business in their twitter feeds.

5. Should I nix the cover-page and go with a word-styled blog format website, ie. individual posts about each domain name? This would probably help my SEO, but I would lose the ability to present my domain portfolio on a front page for easy perusal.

I thank each and every one of you that helps me figure out the best possible path forward.

Best regards,

Domain Wildcatter
Congratulations, you are already a few steps ahead of most of us other newbies with a developed web presence and twitter handle. Well done, the website looks professional and loads quickly.

I am a bit puzzled how you are ranking on page 1 as the website is young and has very little content in the way of articles etc.

What keywords are you ranking for and have you received any traffic or offers via this search traffic on your page?

•••
Congratulations, you are already a few steps ahead of most of us other newbies with a developed web presence and twitter handle. Well done, the website looks professional and loads quickly.

I am a bit puzzled how you are ranking on page 1 as the website is young and has very little content in the way of articles etc.

What keywords are you ranking for and have you received any traffic or offers via this search traffic on your page?

Thanks for the kind words! I suspect that my rise in rankings is due to my backlinks, mainly from China. In addition, several of my recent domain acquisitions seemed to have drawn repeated interest, especially my Urbnn.com and other dental-related domains. Although I have received a couple of low-ball offers, I have not sold a domain through the website. Thus, the desire to expand my marketing efforts through other channels.

•••
Hi,
good job, as I say before Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are very helpful this days.

I've got 2 sales via LinkedIn and 10+ via Facebook, no sale via twitter, but this account drive traffic to my website, which is very good and is another sales channel...

Feel free to connect with me at twitter: @dommt_domains

•••
You can use only one Enduser hashtag (#Enduser) and find some other keywords for other hastags.

•••
Hi,
good job, as I say before Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are very helpful this days.

I've got 2 sales via LinkedIn and 10+ via Facebook, no sale via twitter, but this account drive traffic to my website, which is very good and is another sales channel...

Thanks for the advice! I will consider LinkedIn in the near future. As for Facebook, I don't have a personal profile. I need to research if I can start a business profile without it being tied into a personal profile. I have also added you at Twitter.

•••
You can use only one Enduser hashtag (#Enduser) and find some other keywords for other hastags.

Thanks for the tip! To clarify, Twitter only lets you add one #enduser?

For my DrivingBetterTogether.com tweet, I added #GoogleCar, #AppleCar, and #Tesla.

I wonder if Twitter will penalize me for doing this?

•••
Thanks for the tip! To clarify, Twitter only lets you add one #enduser?

For my DrivingBetterTogether.com tweet, I added #GoogleCar, #AppleCar, and #Tesla.

I wonder if Twitter will penalize me for doing this?

I meant different hashtags :) like you mentioned above #GoogleCar, #AppleCar, and #Tesla instead of #enduser #enduser #enduser as you mentioned in previous posts.

•••
Ahh...Lol! Thanks for clarifying! :lookaround:

•••
For my last post today I try to promote MarketingIsrael .com and I use hashtags #marketing #israel, #domain, but try to make readable sentence

•••
For my last post today I try to promote MarketingIsrael .com and I use hashtags #marketing #israel, #domain, but try to make readable sentence

Intriguing! I need to research this, meaning the use of hashtag sentences. Maybe they subliminally influence readers because the #hashtagged words help provide context to the domain you are selling.

•••
Found some useful information about hashtags:

Using hashtags on Twitter
https://support.twitter.com/articles/49309

and

Hashtags
http://twitter.pbworks.com/w/page/1779812/Hashtags

and

Twitter Rules
https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311

• Spam: You may not use the Twitter service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
    • if you have followed and/or unfollowed large amounts of accounts in a short time period, particularly by automated means (aggressive following or follower churn);
    • if you repeatedly follow and unfollow people, whether to build followers or to garner more attention for your profile;
    • if your updates consist mainly of links, and not personal updates;
    • if a large number of people are blocking you;
    • if a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
    • if you post duplicate content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
    • if you post multiple unrelated updates to a topic using #, trending or popular topic, or promoted trend;
    • if you send large numbers of duplicate replies or mentions;
    • if you send large numbers of unsolicited replies or mentions;
    • if you add a large number of unrelated users to lists;
    • if you repeatedly create false or misleading content;
    • if you are randomly or aggressively following, liking, or Retweeting Tweets;
    • if you repeatedly post other people’s account information as your own (bio, Tweets, URL, etc.);
    • if you post misleading links (e.g. affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.);
    • if you are creating misleading accounts or account interactions;
    • if you are selling or purchasing account interactions (such as selling or purchasing followers, Retweets, likes, etc.); and
    • if you are using or promoting third-party services or apps that claim to get you more followers (such as follower trains, sites promising "

•••
Wow! I did not know that there was a Twitter analytics platform! Make sure yours is turned on!

https://analytics.twitter.com

The Tweet activity dashboard shows you a detailed analysis of your Twitter activity. For each Tweet you send, you’ll be able to track:
  • The number of impressions
  • The number of engagements
  • The engagement rate (impressions divided by engagements)
Click on the individual Tweets to pull up more specifics on your engagements, such as the number of:
  • Video views
  • Link clicks
  • Photo or video clicks
  • Replies
  • Detail expands
  • Profile clicks

You’ll also be able to see how many of these engagements you average per day, and how your engagement rate and number of impressions changes throughout the month.

When you learn what resonates with your audience, you can start Tweeting similar content. This dashboard is a helpful place to visit when you’re thinking about planning a content calendar for your Twitter account.

Click on the top Tweets tab to see your best performers. You can easily share them with a wider audience by using quick promote.

•••
Hi,

Hi bonin, thanks for the interesting and eye opening reply. Very interested to see that you have had sales via Facebook - how do you advertise your domain names on Facebook? Do you use Facebook ads? I have tried this, had a few enquiries but mostly low ball.

•••
Thanks for the kind words! I suspect that my rise in rankings is due to my backlinks, mainly from China. In addition, several of my recent domain acquisitions seemed to have drawn repeated interest, especially my Urbnn.com and other dental-related domains. Although I have received a couple of low-ball offers, I have not sold a domain through the website. Thus, the desire to expand my marketing efforts through other channels.
Ok, interesting. I still don't understand how a site with very little content can rank on page 1 unless it is for a very uncompetitive keyword.

Are you at liberty to tell us what keyword you are ranking on page 1 for?

Sorry for asking again, just keen to learn how you can rank.

•••
Ok, interesting. I still don't understand how a site with very little content can rank on page 1 unless it is for a very uncompetitive keyword.

Are you at liberty to tell us what keyword you are ranking on page 1 for?

Sorry for asking again, just keen to learn how you can rank.

I'm unsure of how to determine what specific words I'm ranking for. On my Google Analytics, my Referral is 57.3%, Direct is 39.8%, and with Social and Organic less than 2%, respectively.

•••
Hi bonin, thanks for the interesting and eye opening reply. Very interested to see that you have had sales via Facebook - how do you advertise your domain names on Facebook? Do you use Facebook ads? I have tried this, had a few enquiries but mostly low ball.

I'm not using FB ads, there is a fb groups related to domains, domain sales, domain investing and everyone can post domains for sale or link to auction or landing page.

this is the names for few of the FB groups:

Domain Name ForSale
Domains - wanted
Domain name Marketplace
Domains - For Sale
Domain Names Marketplace
Domain Investors - Domain liquidators
Website and domain Marketplace ( buy & sale )
Buy & Sale .COM domain

maybe there is more, just type domain or domains and search on FB

Join this group and from time to time promote your domains, probably you will not get the result (sales ) immediately, but definitely you can tell the rest of the world that you exist

•••
Thanks for the advice! I will consider LinkedIn in the near future. As for Facebook, I don't have a personal profile. I need to research if I can start a business profile without it being tied into a personal profile.

You can't. BUT, nobody except Facebook needs to know the relationship.

I'm unsure of how to determine what specific words I'm ranking for. On my Google Analytics, my Referral is 57.3%, Direct is 39.8%, and with Social and Organic less than 2%, respectively.

Whatever you're ranking for, it isn't driving traffic. You can get keyword info through Google search console, and in analytics by linking the property to your GSC.

•••
You can't. BUT, nobody except Facebook needs to know the relationship.
Hi enlytend, really interested if you could expand on this - are you saying you can have a personal Facebook account and create a separate business profile within this personal account? Thanks!

•••
Think of a profile like an "account" on Facebook. Businesses have pages, they don't have profiles. Only people (users) can have profiles. Pages are created under a user's account, but information about the pages you own and/or manage is private unless you choose to tell people. When you post on the page, you can do so as the page name - there's no public connection to the user profile which owns it.

Of course if you like, share and comment on every post on your page through your personal account, it becomes pretty obvious :).

Answer your question?

•••
Think of a profile like an "account" on Facebook. Businesses have pages, they don't have profiles. Only people (users) can have profiles. Pages are created under a user's account, but information about the pages you own and/or manage is private unless you choose to tell people. When you post on the page, you can do so as the page name - there's no public connection to the user profile which owns it.

Of course if you like, share and comment on every post on your page through your personal account, it becomes pretty obvious :).

Answer your question?
Yes, it does, many thanks!

•••
Thanks to you all for the insightful analysis for Twitter and Facebook!

I have rebranded my Twitter handle to #ForLeaseOrSale.

I did this so that my Twitter profile reads as 'Perfect Startup Name For Lease Or Sale'.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/forleaseorsale

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back