Domain Empire

.tv .tv's coming around too.

NameSilo
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
Tv stations are starting to use the .tv domain extension.

Locally here in Fresno, California, Channel 47 has started using www.CBS47.tv, and a new one has come out in San Francisco, www.iatv.tv !!

Maybe good things to come for .tv's!!

Sorry to miss Flora for stepping on her .info thread!!

Frank

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An obvious but often overlooked use for the .tv domain ext. Awesome to hear some of these ccTLD's are going "mainstream"!

knarfmusik said:
Tv stations are starting to use the .tv domain extension.

Locally here in Fresno, California, Channel 47 has started using www.CBS47.tv, and a new one has come out in San Francisco, www.iatv.tv !!

Maybe good things to come for .tv's!!

Sorry to miss Flora for stepping on her .info thread!!

Frank

•••
•••
yah .tv is a great one,,, ithink people automatically give revelance to a .tv when they see it,

•••
•••
But you have to remember, That Most companys just dont want their name to be used by companies other than themselves :guilty: .. Just a thought :cy:

•••
What does that mean????????????

•••
equity78 said:
What does that mean????????????

AKA: Copyright stuff.

Basically, you'd have a hard time trying to argue that FoxNews.TV was going to be news about "foxes". Good faith out the window.

-Allan

•••
Well, It may be the only reason why they register those types of domain names.
If you look, MSN own every MSN that you can think of!... But they dont actually use them, They just have them so that no one else can use their name on the internet!

Also, If you look at the case of Apple and itunes.co.uk. Apple have taken the guy that owns itunes.co.uk to court, just because he owns and uses the domain name that happans to be their company name!

- Luke

•••
Hehe, yeah Im going mainstream with my www.online-poker.tv going to air online poker tournaments ;D

•••
ALLAN not sure who mentioned FOx news or copyright stuff and Jib they take them because it makes sense they know they can stop people from using them. h20.tv is a developed site DOt.tv now has on their site. It will grow and If they realized they should lower prices they would do really well. One of the hidded traps if someone buys a premium dot tv is they just bought a great name forma nother domainer now they have to pay xxx to x,xxx to register. I checked all available Trip letter like aaa or bbb. BBB is $750 and sss $1000 all the rest the usual $500 makes no sense. Half of one letter trip are taken.

•••
I have seen some infomercials use the .tv tld... Someday I may start looking to see if the .com is open... Might do good for type-ins...

•••
yes not only are tv stations using them , but i have aslo seen some of those last nigt imfomericals that have a .tv domins

•••
CBS has cbscares.tv and the display it on tv all the time

•••
Most UK tv stations either use or, in the very least, own the .tv variation on their name.

My information / opinion on .tv is that it will become the extension... Perhaps even surpassing .com eventually

This is because tv stations are gearing themselves up for domestic broadband being fast enough to be able to transmit their pictures live over the internet. This in turn will negate the need for sat dishes, cable etc and the ability for users to buy up tv from anywhere in the world.... The reality??? 18 months away and i own just the 2 .tvs :'(

•••
I agree Ian, I always thought .tv would do well but I get more negative feedback from people about .tv. Maybe its Verisign fault. I own a few let me ask you I have screwed.tv coming up for Renewal think it worth it?

•••
GM.TV

Great short example used my morning tv show in the UK (Good morning TV)

•••
equity78 said:
I agree Ian, I always thought .tv would do well but I get more negative feedback from people about .tv. Maybe its Verisign fault. I own a few let me ask you I have screwed.tv coming up for Renewal think it worth it?

Not sure.. Borderline.. Doesnt really sit that brilliant / good with the extension imo

•••
Yeah it does kind of stink first .tv purchase better to buy a good .sc
WHat about gurl.t v or musicnews not coming up right away but renew?
I got1999.tv which I like for Infomercials.

•••
:) ;)

Hey, i just snared me 'realism.tv'.... :)

•••
collieri said:
:) ;)

Hey, i just snared me 'realism.tv'.... :)

Should be a good one!!

Frank

•••
collieri said:
Most UK tv stations either use or, in the very least, own the .tv variation on their name.

My information / opinion on .tv is that it will become the extension... Perhaps even surpassing .com eventually

This is because tv stations are gearing themselves up for domestic broadband being fast enough to be able to transmit their pictures live over the internet. This in turn will negate the need for sat dishes, cable etc and the ability for users to buy up tv from anywhere in the world.... The reality??? 18 months away and i own just the 2 .tvs :'(

Keep talking!!!! You are making me feel better!! I owe what ,15 or more!!! (of course, that doesn't mean they are all good, but 8 or so on www.GreatDomains.com)
Yes!!

Frank

•••
Didnt they make it so the "good" .tv domains were auctioned off?

•••
Hello Frank !
I fully agree with Collieri. Just as an example : think about the booming 3G UMTS telephone technology (Visiophony or videophony whatever you call it) allowing to see not only your interlocutor but also to get entertaining stuff, tv and videos on demand, the web, on your pc, mobile, pda. This is not just a niche but a real new market where the .TV has its appropriate place and, no doubt, will benefit from it !

•••
Let's hope so!!

Argos said:
Hello Frank !
I fully agree with Collieri. Just as an example : think about the booming 3G UMTS telephone technology (Visiophony or videophony whatever you call it) allowing to see not only your interlocutor but also to get entertaining stuff, tv and videos on demand, the web, on your pc, mobile, pda. This is not just a niche but a real new market where the .TV has its appropriate place and, no doubt, will benefit from it !

I hope we are all right, and .tv's take off!!! Hello friend!!

Frank

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back