IT.COM

.tv .tv brand = Web address and how g_mail handles it

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi Guys,

I have noticed that for some time whenever you mention a brand that consists ".tv" in its name, it is automatically handled by g_mail as a web address.

This sometimes leads to a situation where a brand mentioned in a newsletter, eg. examplebrand.tv, is linked to a page (domain name) that the company does not own, because they run their business at eg. examplebrandtv.co.xx

When you look at the source code of the message in g_mail, this brand names are not anchored, they are anchored by g_mail on-the-fly.

Which is good, because that is another good reason for running a business at .tv - the simplest and the least confusing web address. And the shortest available.

Another thing is that the editors of the vortals and these newsletters sometimes unintentionally put a dot in a examplebrand tv, making it examplebrand.tv and linked in your email. Because it is also natural for them and how they would like the brand names to be constructed - with this important dot.

From the marketing perspective, .tv names seem to be invaluable.

Have a good day,
Michal

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are many Youtube channels titled "Keyword TV" which do not have a domain - just a Youtube channel with all their hosted content at Youtube. Sometimes I will get inquiries on my landing pages related to Youtube channels which do not own the relevant domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back