Domain Empire

Trying to host a website on my local server but...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pick.pk

Account Closed
Impact
Hello All,

I want to redirect a domain name to my localhost. How is it done.

I have setup a Web Server using xammp. I am using a dsl modem by AZTECH and a Wireless Router by TP-LINK.

When I enter my IP into any browser it opens the log-in page of AZTECH firmware. I want my this IP to be redirected to localhost. I hope you guys got my question.

I need urgent help

Thanks in Advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you already tried to contact your host's support and asked them to help you?

•••
...When I enter my IP into any browser it opens the log-in page of AZTECH firmware. I want my this IP to be redirected to localhost....

Your default IP 12.34.56.78 equals to 12.34.56.78:80 (port 80/8080/default), which is being used by your Router Log-in page. You need to configure your XAMPP Server to use any other port to serve homepage. Like 12.34.56.78:87

To change the XAMPP server port number:

• Stop the XAMPP server, if it is running already.
  • Open the file [XAMPP Installation Folder]/apache/conf/httpd.conf.
  • Now search for the string Listen 80 (I’m assuming that your XAMPP was using the port 80. Otherwise, just search for the string “Listen”). This is the port number which XAMPP uses. Change this 80 to any other number which you prefer.
  • Then search for the string “ServerName” and update the port number there also.
  • Now save and re-start XAMPP server and you are done.

Let us know if it works for you..

The other option is to change the default listening port in your Router..??

•••
same problem here, i tried the steps you had given, but it did not work for me. any more tips?

•••
You can send an email to a potential web hosting service and judge their customer service, firsthand.

•••
These fellows were trying to host their sites on their PCs. They have no hosting provider to contact. ;)

•••
No offence but if you don't know how to do this, you are not the type of person who should be opening up his PC to the whole world.

I would suggest you ask your ISP; however, chances are that this is against their ToS. Very few allow you to host on their network.

Get a hosting contract, imho.

•••
Ok I got it. I think it is asking Login details for your Modem. Well many modems have Username and Password. My modem also ask for Login details. I think You should enter those. Ask your ISP for more details.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back