IT.COM

news Trump and Clinton - Domain Wars 1.0

NameSilo
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Clinton’s .biz and Trump’s .com. Who gets it right?

Both presidential campaigns are releasing attack websites.

Today, Hillary Clinton’s campaign released a website blasting Donald Trump’s business history at ArtOfTheSteal.biz.

Yes, that’s a .biz.

The .com ArtOfTheSteal.com is taken, and you can bet the owner is getting a ton of traffic today. (Unfortunately for misguided web surfers, the domain is forwarding through zero click to a scam page.)

Was it smart of the Clinton campaign to go with the .biz?

I guess “biz” is the correct connotation here since the site attack’s Trumps business acumen. But I imagine Donuts CEO Paul Stahura was fuming today about how his company’s .exposed domain was tailor made for sites like this.

Meanwhile, the New York Times is reporting that Trump’s team is responding with LyingCrookedHillary.com.

It may plan to respond with a site at this domain, but the domain was actually registered before Artofthesteal.biz, way back on June 3.

The domain uses whois privacy. I would say the campaign made a mistake by not also picking up crookedlyinghillary.com, but that domain was also registered under privacy on June 3 at Godaddy, so I suspect the Trump campaign also owns it.

CrookedHillary.com was registered in April.

Has one of the campaigns won with their domain name strategies around attack sites? I’m not sure…but I bet there was some cheering over at Neustar’s HQ today. Neustar runs .biz.

Source: http://domainnamewire.com/2016/06/21/clintons-biz-trumps-com-gets-right/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
haha.. I don't what happened to US Presidential candidates. Are they really going to represent super-power(!) America? Sorry to say but they are BS.

Just imagining what winner will do after the election! I registered DJTrumpForAmerica.com but I really don't want him for America :D confused!

•••
haha.. I don't what happened to US Presidential candidates. Are they really going to represent super-power(!) America? Sorry to say but they are BS.

Just imagining what winner will do after the election! I registered DJTrumpForAmerica.com but I really don't want him for America :D confused!

Yeah dude, it's scary man....the Presidential candidates behave like a bunch of insecure teenage girls. Hillary needs to get laid and Trump needs a punch in the face....lol

Edit: Maybe they should get a room, she can punch him in the face repeatedly and he can shag her while getting punched in the face.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back