NameSilo

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it was sold ?

last time I check it was a little under $8000. maybe it sold for $8000 and a little above? awesome if it did. especially for the Gtld crowd

•••
last time I check it was a little under $8000. maybe it sold for $8000 and a little above? awesome if it did. especially for the Gtld crowd
3 days left

•••
2 days left

The current price (USD 7,550.00) is not a mirror of what it will sell, the current price is more a splinter of the mirror I think.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Should we have a thread, what day/time will Travel.Agency end at?

•••
Should we have a thread, what day/time will Travel.Agency end at?

Why not haha but it looks like that THIS thread already changed into a 'countdown' - so, no need, I think.

travel.agency CURRENT STATUS USD 7,600 / 15 hours left

•••
•••
@Zandibot - I was just curious as how you're picking your ending times. I've noticed they tend to end sometime in the early morning, this one is ending at 4 AM Eastern. Most auction places, end somewhere between noon and 5PM Eastern. 4am would be tough for a lot of people on the east coast, past midnight for the United States.

I know they have hour extensions with new bids, which I always thought was ridiculous and they said they're changing to 5 minutes. Was that a factor in it? With hour extensions, hard to guage when an auction might end.

Last edited:
•••
@Zandibot - I was just curious as how you're picking your ending times. I've noticed they tend to end sometime in the early morning, this one is ending at 4 AM Eastern. Most auction places, end somewhere between noon and 5PM Eastern. 4am would be tough for a lot of people on the east coast, past midnight for the United States.

I know they have hour extensions with new bids, which I always thought was ridiculous and they said they're changing to 5 minutes. Was that a factor in it? With hour extensions, hard to guage when an auction might end.

Hey, there was a communication error when setting the time. It was meant to be set for 10pm EST not HST. That has been changed now (at least for Travel.Agency). The auction ends at 4PM HST, 7PM PST, and 10PM EST.

As far as choosing ending times, 10pm EST is supposed to be the "best" time. I assume that is when the highest amount of traffic is on the site. Which makes sense since it's a pretty universal time. I just mistook it for 10pm HST by thinking the world revolves around me! ;)

I think it's still 1 hour per new bidder. However, time doesn't increase if there is a proxy bid in play - time only increases if the proxy bid is outbid (to my knowledge) <--- I could be wrong about this part.

Last edited:
•••
still 7 hours to go, see you in the news tomorrow morning, GN

•••
•••
I can't wait to see the end of this one. I have similar well-matched keyword.gTLD domains

•••
•••
Actually it's still at a reasonable price for someone to grab, especially since he added an additional year renewal.

Looks like bidder 1 is holding on. :)

•••
•••
•••
This would be one of the best domain names in terms of the new GLTD's. Predicting a price would be based on appeal and new extension coverage and growth over time. Right now it would be worth 10K.

•••
I dont get the domain, but i know nothing... Congrats to winner! :D

•••
1 h (currently / minimum, if no additional time because of possible 'last minute bids').

My congrats 2 buyer / seller in advance!

Last edited:
•••
Actually it's still at a reasonable price for someone to grab, especially since he added an additional year renewal.

Looks like bidder 1 is holding on. :)
I agree. I like the domain. I believe it is undervalued right now.

•••
I agree. I like the domain. I believe it is undervalued right now.

Agreed, he's got $800.00 in renewals invested already so that comes right off the top. Also not sure but I doubt it was a hand reg so might be some expense there too.

Has an hour left, lets see where it goes.

•••
$8,150 and minutes to go.

Will it pass five-figures in the last minute? A month ago I guessed it would sell for $12,200.

•••
$8,150 and minutes to go.

Will it pass five-figures in the last minute?

I betting on bidder 2 to come in with a photo finish at around 9k.

Maybe not, not seeing any action, 5 mins left..

Last edited:
•••
Now we're getting a taste of hour extensions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back