IT.COM

Travel Affiliate?

NameSilo
Watch

TUFKATH

Account Closed
Impact
I own JetRates.com. After not being able to sell it as is I decided to maybe develope it. I've gotten several suggestions for development ideas as I can make lots of money if I developed it. Several people mentioned something about being a travel affiliate. Can someone fill me in please? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Gah! That still doesn't explain what it is!

•••
its a travel affiliate u asked for, u try n help ppl out n all u get is attitude

•••
Oh snap you're right. I didn't even notice it was you Joe. Sorry buddy. Even if it wasn't I have no right to act like that.

Shit I've had a bad day... lol...

•••
lol its ok iv had one 2, ian.com though is quite good

•••
•••
•••
Yep IAN.com is a travel affilaite. You could buy a turnkey script register with ian and you are on your way.

Spy

•••
•••
a turnkey script is a ready-made script that you just upload and it'll rock and roll :lol: Just kidding..... basically you first register with IAN.com as an affiliate (just put up a simple page as reference and apply to be an affiliate). Once your application is approved, you'll be able to login to your member area, where you have extensive documentation on the different ways in which you can use their reservation data in your web apps. If you dont want too much of a hassle coding, you can use the co-brand option..... something so easy that it can probably be set up in about a couple of hours.
But if you want to use their web services API, then you need to thoroughly go through the docs, and either code the application yourself or hire someone to do it for you.

dont get any turnkey scripts for this. here's why:
ian.com's api's keep changing (say every year or so) ... and each change will mean a corresponding change in the code. if you just buy a script (without on-going support), then there's no guarantee that you'll get the upgraded versions when you need them.

The best way is to code it yourself, and have fun and learn a lot, in the process.

•••
hey very nice and detailed info. i was also wondering abt the turnkey scripts. thanks a lot. rep added :)

•••
... also forgot to say that using the API will necessitate thorough knowledge of parsing XML docs via any application language such as PHP (php's built-in event driven parser is suitable for this).

•••
•••
There is good money in the travel business , hope you do well :) :)

•••
You're only hoping so I can pay you back! lol joking. Thanks Joe you rock (y)

•••
hmmm ian.com has'nt responded to my email for more than a week :(

•••
I have a travel website you can see it in my signature. Let me know if you are interested in affiliations.

•••
Hey, i was wondering how you have been getting on with your website JetRates.com if you dont mind me asking.
Did you use ian.com and have you found them any good?

I own a few travel Domains that i plan to develop, im gonna develop gotoMumbai.com and gotoMajorca.com and was maybe thinking of using ian.com as an Affiliate.

Anyone who can give me the benefit of past experience would help lots as i have never ran/built a travel related site. My experience has been with Football(soccer) Gambling Sites but that market has became very competitive so i thought id try something new.

•••
I sold JetRates.com 3/4 of a month ago. I didn't get a single sale thru JetRates, unfortunately. I did get some nice revenue before I sold tho.

•••
oh well, Hope you made a nice profit from Jetrates. I had a llok at Jetrates today and the site looks nice, im not sure i have the design capabilities yet to build anything too complicated.

I will continue to look for a decent travel Affiliate as i have my Domains at Sedo only making a few cents each day.

Anyone with any Travel Websites please offer me any advice, Cheers

•••
I make nothing with Sedo unfortunately. I don't think I've gotten a single type-in hit on any of my domains, EVER. lol...

•••
I've had 7 domains parked at Sedo for 7 days now and i have made $1 exactly!
I plan having at least 1 travel Site ready withing the month and all the future Sites should be much easier after ive found the best Affiliate on doing the 1st site.
I have been tol that my domain gotoMumbai.com would be my best domain to develop so i want to get started soon. I believe that planning is key in this business so i will try n spend the next few days/weeks in finding the best way of developing my domains.

•••
None of my domains have made anything at Sedo either. :td:

Couple other travel affiliate programs for those that want to monetize their travel domains.

http://www.wctravel.com/index.html World Choice travel is a division of Trevlocity and I have hread good things about it. They have turn key options and tools for building your own ticket booking engine.

Also I announced yesterday we just launcched a brand new travel affiliate program for Wynn Las Vegas.

Read the 5 Star review and JOIN Here!
Wynn Las Vegas Affiliate Program

Hope this helps and best of luck!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back