IT.COM

Transfer your .COM domain names to NameSilo for only $9.55

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello NamePros,

To help with the .com price increases, we have launched a transfer promo for anyone looking for a deal on your .COM domains. For the next couple of weeks, transfer your .COM domain names to NameSilo for only $9.55 per domain name. There are no limits and no coupons needed. This promo will run until September 15.

As always, when you transfer your domain name to NameSilo, you will receive a year added to your expiration date included in your transfer price.

Transfer today at: https://www.namesilo.com/domain/transfer-domains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello NamePros,

To help with the .com price increases, we have launched a transfer promo for anyone looking for a deal on your .COM domains. For the next couple of weeks, transfer your .COM domain names to NameSilo for only $9.55 per domain name. There are no limits and no coupons needed. This promo will run until September 15.

As always, when you transfer your domain name to NameSilo, you will receive a year added to your expiration date included in your transfer price.

Transfer today at: https://www.namesilo.com/domain/transfer-domains
Only? You do realised it's expensive right?

•••
Expensive ! Other registrars offers same offer with lower prices

•••
Hi,

If you will offer in range around $6 to $7 , we will all yours.

thanks

•••
Registry price (effective 09/01): $8.97.
Icann fee: $0.18 for each year of domain registration, renewal or transfer.

So, NameSilo (as well as any other registrar) must now pay $9.15 for each .com they sell. With $9.55 offer, their profit would be between ~$0.40 (customer paid via bank transfer) and ~$0.07 (for credit card purchases). * Credit card processing fees will typically cost a business 1.5% to 3.5% of each transaction's total *

I'm NameSilo customer and so their stability (and that of my domains) is my best interest. In particular, I would not ask them (or expect them) to lose $$$ on anything, including my transfer-ins. It appears that the current promotion is likely the best (or close to the best) any registrar can technically offer at this time without losing $$$. Thank you @namesilo

Last edited:
•••
Only? You do realised it's expensive right?
Compared to GD & Web.com brands like NetSol and register.com it's a bargain, lmao.

•••

So, NameSilo (as well as any other registrar) must now pay $9.15 for each .com they sell. With $9.55 offer, their profit would be between ~$0.40 (customer paid via bank transfer) and ~$0.07 (for credit card purchases). * Credit card processing fees will typically cost a business 1.5% to 3.5% of each transaction's total *

I'm NameSilo customer and so their stability (and that of my domains) is my best interest. In particular, I would not ask them (or expect them) to lose $$$ on anything, including my transfer-ins. It appears that the current promotion is likely the best (or close to the best) any registrar can technically offer at this time without losing $$$. Thank you @namesilo
Yet still Exabytes offers transfers for $7.90, HostGator for $7.95, Sav for $8.50... Should I continue? And I don't think I can say they are bigger players than NameSilo

•••

You should realize that most of the promos are registry sponsored so registrars are not losing most of the time.

•••
You should realize that most of the promos are registry sponsored so registrars are not losing most of the time.
Just to clarify, most registries don't typically sponsor transfer promotions since as far as they're concerned, it doesn't really matter which registrar a domain lives in so long as it's registered and renews.

As it pertains to the discount itself - we are essentially offering these discounted transfers for anyone that wasn't able to renew prior to the price increase and is now facing a substantial increase to renew them. Given that we do not cap transfers or require coupons, we make it scalable for anyone that decides to transfer their entire portfolio over to us.

•••
what kind of promo is this? lol its like the same price of Porkbun regular price

•••
Back