Dynadot

Transfer question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a question that I hope someone may be familiar with in relation to domains being transferred by the same owner into a different register that was used to first register the domain's.

Up ontil recently I have had all my domains at a certain register, lets call it register A. Yesterday I opened up an account with register B, and I initiated a transfer from register A to register B of some of my domain's.

My account in register B shows I have transfers pending approval via e mail authorisation. This is correct but my account with Register A does not seem to want to grant me log in access to monitor the domains being transferred out.

I can understand access being denied once the transfer is complete, Is this common.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have never heard of this when using the following registrars, godaddy,wildwest,domainsite,directi,namecheap,etc... You may wanna email or call whoever is giving you problems.

•••
Yes, just e-mail or call that register/registrar.

•••
Righto, set up an Reseller account at Enom (my preference, anyway) ... and then proceed to "pull" (transfer them in) over to that account/registrar! :tu: :imho:

Easy peasy.
B-)

•••
Thank you

Thank you everyone who replied to my origional post, all is in order now.

•••
glad it worked for you, I was interested in this thread as well as I have never done an external transfer

•••
Maybe I am understanding what you were doing wrong but why transfer the domain, why dont you just by hosting with the register you want and then change the nameservers. That's what I did, got a cheap domain at godaddy.com but got cheap hosting at another place. Did that for 4 domains, works very well. Sorry if I misunderstood.

•••
glad that it worked, i know how you feel when something iffy goes wrong in a transfur, i would flip if i lost a name in the process :)

•••
There are many registrars that cause a lot of troubles when you try to transfer out from them. Glad that everything is resolved now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back