IT.COM

question Transfer of an expired domain from GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys!

I have an issue with an expired .com domain at GoDaddy.

Domain expired on June 8

Due to being locked out of my own account due to 2FA and phone number changed, I finally managed to get back in now.

I immediately paid the transfer to Namecheap, however I just read this:

https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...an-i-transfer-an-expired-domain-from-godaddy/

Now I am confused. Will the transfer go ahead or not?
I was able to get the Auth/EPP code from GoDaddy, but within 4 days the domain will go in redemption, just 1 day before transfer completes...I think.

Godaddy charges an obscenity for renewals so I was hoping to save but now I am not sure if I have to pay it in order to avoid losing the domain.

I just received this email from GoDaddy:

-----
We've received your request to transfer xxxx.com on 23/06/2023. Right now, we're preparing to move your domain — you don't need to do anything else. If you've changed your mind, you've got until 27 June 2023 to cancel the transfer.

We'll automatically approve your transfer within 5 days from your transfer request date. Any products or services connected to xxxx.com will stay in your account after the transfer completes, but they may stop working as expected.
--------

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Apologies, I found a way to approve immediately the transfer, all solved!

Mods can delete the thread if they wish to do so.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back