NameSilo

Traffic stats on names not regged?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
how can I find out how many hits a site got if it isn't regged?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You can estimate, by total of incoming links and overture results, but its all just a big guess ussually.

•••
Thats an interesting question, but yea, it's not possible.

You could narrow the guesses by google turn ups on keywords, yahoo, ect. but of course like darkfire001 said, it is all a big guess, but a guess can be close sometimes ;)

•••
Yes some research of the actual keywords for the domain should give you some type of idea of what traffic it will/may get.. but to get the actual amount as .edu so eloquently put "That is impossible" :)

•••
Unfortunately doing such a thing is impossible, however I don't have any further information that I can provide you with regarding such statistics.

•••
Its not impossible, just difficult.

If you need authoritative data, then you would need to talk to Netsol, or whichever registry 'owns' the tld. If motivated, they should be able to tell you how many lookups are made for any domain name, registered or not.

If you just need an estimate, then you can talk to a large ISP, arrange for them to log lookups, then extrapolate the data based the ISP's market share.

I told you it was difficult. :)

•••
But if it's unregistered, does it really belong to any company?

I mean, if i wanted to know the stats for

13434y9574hz0gser985tj4we0tdsfg9dfs8gm98tm.com (Obviously 0 :) if anyone wants to be a wisecrack and guess :P)

I can't really say who owns it and ask them, can I?

or what exactly did you mean?

•••
If you were to enter 13434y9574hz0gser985tj4we0tdsfg9dfs8gm98tm.com in your browser, it will trigger a DNS lookup at your ISP. Since your ISP does not have a recent copy of the domain's DNS data, then it will check with Netsol. In this case, Netsol will respond that the domain does not exist.

During this exchange, either your ISP or Netsol can log the transaction, and over time you'll get the stats you want.

Neither Netsol nor your ISP would do this on just anyone's request. However, I imagine with enough $$ they would be thrilled to do it for you.

•••
•••
Originally posted by armstrong
Neither Netsol nor your ISP would do this on just anyone's request. However, I imagine with enough $$ they would be thrilled to do it for you.

OK, I was just wondering if there was any free resource that does it

•••
Excellent Post

I don't have the money. If I did I would try & get this done : )
PS: If any of you do have the kind of cash, pm/email me if you would like to explore this avenue.....

Originally posted by armstrong
Its not impossible, just difficult.

If you need authoritative data, then you would need to talk to Netsol, or whichever registry 'owns' the tld. If motivated, they should be able to tell you how many lookups are made for any domain name, registered or not.

If you just need an estimate, then you can talk to a large ISP, arrange for them to log lookups, then extrapolate the data based the ISP's market share.

I told you it was difficult. :)

•••
Re: traffic stats on names not regged?

Originally posted by e39m5
how can I find out how many hits a site got if it isn't regged?
It isn't impossible to find out, there will never be a way. If a domain isn't registered, then it obviously doesn't receive hits.

•••
A mere technicality. There will still be DNS lookup hits, as described above.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back