IT.COM

question Traffic stats of Domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Afaque khan

Established Member
Impact
I know how to check the traffic and analytics stats of word press sites,but I dont know how do you track the

number of visitors to your domain Landing page.

I have used Efty, to create landing pages but how do I know the traffic flow and visitors info for free?.

Do I have to get a paid service by setting up a custom domain and giving my GA(Google Analytics) code?

Is this the only way to see traffic of domains?

Is there any tool to track domain traffic for free?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
They make it easy to set up with analytics. Just follow the instructions by creating a couple of tracking codes. The rest is easy.

Oh, that's really nifty! It looks really easy to set up, too. I'm going to have to go play with this. Thank you for sharing!

•••
Oh, that's really nifty! It looks really easy to set up, too. I'm going to have to go play with this. Thank you for sharing!
Took me two minutes and now I can see each domains traffic.

•••
I should mention that Efty's tutorial needs to be updated. My analytics looks much different now. :)

@Doron Vermaat Maybe you could take a look?

•••
I'm sure I read that Google analytics doesnt give true stats. Maybe it's improved now but I read it only gives you visitors using a certain connection. I used to have Google saying I had 50 visitors a day and Hostgator saying I had 500 a day. Hostgator would even break the stats down into bots etc.

•••
•••
try parkingcrew.com or voodoo.com or sedo.com or bodis.com or domainnamesales.com

all are free!

imo....

•••
I'm sure I read that Google analytics doesnt give true stats. Maybe it's improved now but I read it only gives you visitors using a certain connection. I used to have Google saying I had 50 visitors a day and Hostgator saying I had 500 a day. Hostgator would even break the stats down into bots etc.

@UniflexDomains in those 500 hostgator visitors were a large # of those visits bots? Wondering what your thoughts are on how accurate google analytics is vs other stat programs.

•••
@UniflexDomains in those 500 hostgator visitors were a large # of those visits bots? Wondering what your thoughts are on how accurate google analytics is vs other stat programs.
There were bots yes but if I remember rightly Hostgator broke down the visitors into referrals, direct traffic and bots so you could get accurate stats (if you trust what they're telling you). From what I read, Google won't track a visit if java script isn't enabled on their browser or if they can't accept cookies but I think this is very minimal.

I think the most accurate way would be to implement as many different analytics programs as you can and take an average. So with a site I made on a website builder I have google a tracking code and the websites tracking and I'm sure I could add other independent trackers too but I'm not too fussed at the moment.

Last edited:
•••
I think the most accurate way would be to implement as many different analytics programs as you can and take an average.

Thanks I'm sort of doing that now with all my sites running wordpress. I'm using these 3 counter plugins: NewStatPress, SlimStats and WP Statistics.

All give different results but it seems SlimStats is very strict with counting visitors. Maybe they have a better ip bot detection method.

•••
Thanks I'm sort of doing that now with all my sites running wordpress. I'm using these 3 counter plugins: NewStatPress, SlimStats and WP Statistics.

All give different results but it seems SlimStats is very strict with counting visitors. Maybe they have a better ip bot detection method.
Yeah I'd imagine if you take an average of those three you should be somewhere near but it's probably almost impossible to get a 100 percent accurate figure due to people running adblockers and other browser extensions that can mess with trackers. Sounds like you're on the right track though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back