Dynadot

Trademark ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
If Fox News had this trademarked: VRFOX

Then FOXVR is or is not a violation? For the sake of clarity, it would not be a website that looks anything like Fox or Fox News.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Internet.Domains @dordomai

I am very much enjoying reading you banter back and forth and I did the same recently in another topic so I am going to keep my nose clean on this one.

That said, I think the trademark debate will go on forever and it will always be open to interpretation.

•••
What it sounds like to me is that some people have no imagination or creativity. I have not once alluded to the times. There are a billion time share/rental/vacation places that would fit very nicely with my domain.

One thing I have learned in my short time here is that aged domains generally do a little better . . . so at this time I have no plans to develop the domain (fully) as I wait for the domain to age. Maybe one of you would have better plans for it? If so let me know I am open!

•••
In that case, maybe you can explain how you think VRNYT.com is cybersquatting on the New York Times?

explain what else are they doing if they are not squatting on the TM? can you come up with a credible reason?

http://www.nytimes.com/marketing/nytvr/

Coca and Cola are both generic terms and I don't think there is a TM for ColaCoca does that mean I can register and sell ColaCoca.com?

Last edited:
•••
OP: you might want to change your user name.

lol Kate

at this point, it does seem contrary

:)

hope @Want2learn understands that our comments are not to be taken personally, just business.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
@Internet.Domains @dordomai

I am very much enjoying reading you banter back and forth and I did the same recently in another topic so I am going to keep my nose clean on this one.

That said, I think the trademark debate will go on forever and it will always be open to interpretation.
Yes, we are having a very cordial discussion with different interpretations. :xf.smile:

explain what else are they doing if they are not squatting on the TM? can you come up with a credible reason?

Vacation Rentals Now Yours Too..........This according to the current plan, subject to change of course.

•••
Yes, we are having a very cordial discussion with different interpretations. :xf.smile:

Vacation Rentals Now Yours Too..........This according to the current plan, subject to change of course.

that is a reason but not one that i find very credible, the domain is also listed for sale on sedo. does not look like development to me.

•••
that is a reason but not one that i find very credible, the domain is also listed for sale on sedo. does not look like development to me.
So listing a domain for sale on a marketplace constitutes bad faith, under that thinking?..........We are worlds apart on interpretation, it has been a civilized debate and I appreciate that.:xf.smile:

•••
Currently USPTO shows three separate TM holders for different uses with the term "NYT".... Which one has the rights to "NYT" under your thinking? Can a new use be registered for "NYT" under your thinking?.......Or are we all to submit to the New York Times because they are shown in the first 50 pages on Google?.........Owning a domain with "NYT" is not bad faith unless the content on the website trespasses one of the registered TM holders.

You've been leaving out the VR part in your replies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nyt+vr&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=nyt+vr&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=vr+nyt

Whatever order you want to put it in.

What it sounds like to me is that some people have no imagination or creativity.

Like I said, we're domainers, you're in a domaining forum. We all would like to get a nice big sale from a big company. Register something in the area of a company, pretend it to be something else, roll the dice. I imagine when you bought it, you had visions of the New York Times buying it from you, right.

Last edited:
•••

VRNYT.com has nothing to do with VR or Virtual Reality. The TM, according to USPTO, in regards to NYTVR is related to VR or Virtual Reality. I really don't see how you see the connection in this case.

•••

https://www.google.com/search?q=nyt+vr&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=nyt+vr&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=vr+nyt

Whatever order you want to put it in.

Like I said, we're domainers, you're in a domaining forum. We all would like to get a nice big sale from a big company. Register something in the area of a company, pretend it to be something else, roll the dice. I imagine when you bought it, you had visions of the New York Times buying it from you, right.

No I actually think that VRNYT will attract other businesses that can use the acronym.

•••
VRNYT.com has nothing to do with VR or Virtual Reality. The TM, according to USPTO, in regards to NYTVR is related to VR or Virtual Reality. I really don't see how you see the connection in this case.

Well, except he already admitted that's what he's going for.

well I built this page for http://www.vrnyt.com

Very basic. Not your type is a pretty popular catch phrase. As the VR grows, updates, evolves, I will update my page:)

vrnyt is not trademarked. virtual reality not your type
nytvr is trademarked.

•••
I am excited to have a thread that is up to 3 pages, and Ive only been here a month. Ofcourse this thread will lose its interest shortly, I think. :)

•••
Well, except he already admitted that's what he's going for.

It could change as developers want. I think for now Vacation Rentals Now Yours Too makes the most sense! In fact I had someone comment about the airbnb.com link!! That was exciting!!

•••
lol Kate

at this point, it does seem contrary

hope @Want2learn understands that our comments are not to be taken personally, just business.

Good Luck!

imo...

Honestly, I have really enjoyed the community here. I have been blown away by the world that is domaining!

•••
I'd like to grasp this opportunity to thank my fellow members for all the instructive information.

•••
•••
Much Appreciated, Corey

Last edited:
•••
Does trademarked apply to all domain extensions ?

•••
•••
•••
Honestly, I have really enjoyed the community here. I have been blown away by the world that is domaining!

you have a great attitude, in respect to how you've taken the feedback.

not too many can absorb criticism, consistently, and still pursue.

obviously, you have learned something

imo....

•••
you have a great attitude, in respect to how you've taken the feedback.

not too many can absorb criticism, consistently, and still pursue.

obviously, you have learned something

imo....

Here is the thing, I am so new to domaining that for some of you, you have forgotten more than I have learned about domaining!

I do think differently than probably most people on the site. I am a special education teacher, so it behooves me to see the best in people and give the benefit of the doubt. I realize I have some terrible names. I would not register them today. I will not renew them in December of 2018! I can't undo those mistakes. It still benefits me to try and move them if at all possible! I figure if I ask about a domain, that no pro would ever register, I might just get some suggestions for an end user. If I recall correctly, I had possibilities in mind when I registered every domain. believe it or not i thought a huge alabama football fan would be interested in rolldamtide.com. It may never move, except to expire:) But I believe I will find a crazy fanatic bama fan that will gladly pay $100 for it! LOL! Just a glimpse into the mind of me!

I think I am just about at 100% thumbs down on every domain I have ever mentioned here from NP members. And yet I have sold 2 domains so far. I know that when I come on here I am getting great technical feedback/criticism/ways of thinking. I also have the luxury of not depending on this for my livelihood! I think all the feedback has been professional, not personal. It is hard to be upset about that!!

Kinda lastly . . . I actually think that if I am learning from the more seasoned pros, I can take that knowledge and try and find a niche that is outside their comfort zone.

not doubt in my mind that lovesmiled.com and 112358132134.com would have also gotten hand reg thumbs down comments. I think I sold lovesmiled.com for too little. Check out the page and tell me you don't think would have paid more than $100 for it! I am sure most people here are familiar with the Fibonacci sequence or code, and yet it was available for hand reg in december, and I sold it late March i think.

Only point I am trying to make is that there is plenty of room for variety or differences of opinions. No doubt this community has shaped me so that i wasn't buying really terrible domains anymore. LOL now they are just bad . . .

•••
Quick advice needed.

I have GVIRTUALREALITY.COM

Can GoogleVr claim it?

•••
•••
Quick advice needed.

I have GVIRTUALREALITY.COM

Can GoogleVr claim it?

they can attempt to claim anything as they can afford it. the question is if they will and if they succeed which no one can answer ... why do you want to find out?

i have seen less infringing domains lose UDRPs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back