Dynadot

Trademark ?

NameSilo
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
If Fox News had this trademarked: VRFOX

Then FOXVR is or is not a violation? For the sake of clarity, it would not be a website that looks anything like Fox or Fox News.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I believe it depends on the date they trademarked it versus the date the domain was created. Also it matters if the domain would be or is being used for a different purpose or not.

•••
If Fox News had this trademarked: VRFOX

Then FOXVR is or is not a violation? For the sake of clarity, it would not be a website that looks anything like Fox or Fox News.

If it's not confusing then no.

•••
Good to go = 0 TM (WIPO)

DU answered already.

Last edited:
•••
vrnyt is not trademarked. virtual reality not your type
nytvr is trademarked.

•••
@Want2learn TM's could be a bit confusing even for the more seasoned domainer but a good rule of thumb is when in doubt, move to another name.

Last edited:
•••
I question the value of VR doamians

There is no denying that the right VR domains are valuable but it seems a large chunk of the .com base is being duplicated in vr.

ie: domainname.com -> domainnamevr.com

There cannot possibly be that many end users for all the registered vr domains.

If I had a killer domain like news.com then I would simply make subdomains such as vr.news.com, I would not be going out to buy newsvr.com. Same way I would not buy newsmail.com and would instead use mail.news.com.

You get my point right?

So the only advice I have is be careful about how many vr names you register. Be very very selective because you will be faced with a big renewal bill or a hellofa big drop list.

•••
If the content on the domain does not trespass on a TM then there may not be a violation, regardless of the domain name. There are many uses for "FOX" without it being media related......... These type of cases should be professionally evaluated on a case by case basis if a need arises.

upload_2017-4-23_9-59-59.jpeg

upload_2017-4-23_10-0-49.jpeg

•••
•••
•••
trademark infringement

Trademark infringement under US law? If FOX claims that FOXVR is confusingly similar to VRFOX then you get to spend thousands of dollars in legal fees to pose your question to the court and then you will get an answer.

•••
Trademark infringement under US law? If FOX claims that FOXVR is confusingly similar to VRFOX then you get to spend thousands of dollars in legal fees to pose your question to the court and then you will get an answer.

Thank you!!

•••
well I built this page for http://www.vrnyt.com

Very basic. Not your type is a pretty popular catch phrase. As the VR grows, updates, evolves, I will update my page:)

•••
I see, It has nothing to do with New York Times Virtual Reality services and is really based on a very popular catch phrase.

•••
Now it has a bunch of paid links to Virtual Reality services and is for sale for $399. It seems the "not your type" catch phrase has gone out of style overnight.

•••
Now it has a bunch of paid links to Virtual Reality services and is for sale for $399. It seems the "not your type" catch phrase has gone out of style overnight.

I certainly have more issues due to my lack of technical experience . . . I had to park at SEDO in order to verify ownership. However, I have restated the previous page! I think at this point vrnyt.com is a site with imagination, possibility, and potential! I hope anyways.

Thanks for heads up on site!

•••
I believe you missed the point of consumers' point above, want2.

I see, It has nothing to do with New York Times Virtual Reality services and is really based on a very popular catch phrase.

I believe that comment was most likely meant to be sarcasm.

WTF is "virtual reality, not your type" supposed to mean? It's for virtual reality platforms, software, etc. that the target audience doesn't like?

C'mon.

"You see... I am selling clothing dye that's the same color as bullfighters use in their cape, so I'm calling it 'Bull Red'. It has totally nothing to do with 'Red Bull', and they don't have a trademark for 'Bull Red'."

•••
VRNYT= Virtually Real Naked Yoga Teachers

Raise your hand if your visiting this website? (y)

•••
I believe you missed the point of consumers' point above, want2.

I believe that comment was most likely meant to be sarcasm.

WTF is "virtual reality, not your type" supposed to mean? It's for virtual reality platforms, software, etc. that the target audience doesn't like?

C'mon.

"You see... I am selling clothing dye that's the same color as bullfighters use in their cape, so I'm calling it 'Bull Red'. It has totally nothing to do with 'Red Bull', and they don't have a trademark for 'Bull Red'."

Good point

•••
vrnyt.com has a page
nytvr.com has no website but they do have a trademark.

So what will nytvr be? The VR is not trademarked. If NYT stands for the New York Times and I think it does, my page has nothing to do with the Times.

•••

Virtual rentals not your type

Vaginas Really Need Your Testicles

Naturally it is the virtually real naked yoga teachers' vaginas I speak of

•••
@Want2learn do you have a license to use the term NYT?

Cheers
Corey

•••

I have a silent shout out to you at the bottom of the page now!

•••
•••
Back