Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omerlevinson

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi friends,
I have recieved this email :
"Dear Registrant,
Spin Master Ltd is the owner of the well-known trademark and trade name Hatchimals. As you are no doubt aware, this is a trademark used to identify products, services, activities and events related to Spin Master Ltd.
You have registered, without Spin Master Ltd.'s permission or authorization, the domain name(s)
thehatchimal.com
hatchimalstore.com.
The Domain Name incorporates the famous trademark and suggests Spin Master Ltd.'s sponsorship or endorsement of your website.
In view of Spin Master Ltd.'s rights to the trademark, we ask that you discontinue any and all use of the domain name, within 7 days time.
Should you require additional information or wish to further discuss this issue, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Sincerely,
Spin Master Ltd. Brand Protection Department"
My question is what I need to do with this problem? waht the actions they can take against me?
Should I try to sell this domain for them?
THANKS!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...Should I try to sell this domain for them?
THANKS!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

A smart course of action would be to confirm that the email is legitimate and came from the company or its legal reps. If confirmed, offer to transfer the domains to the company or ask your registrar how to delete the domains from your account.

DISCLAIMER - I am not an attorney and my comments should not be construed as legal advice. I'm just a guy pounding away at a keyboard somewhere on the interwebs.

PS. In the mean time, make sure the domains aren't parked.

PPS. And follow PAINC's advice below, STAY WAY FROM TRADEMARKS going forward! :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
"Should I try to sell this domain for them?"
What do you mean with this?

They say it quite clear: "In view of Spin Master Ltd.'s rights to the trademark, we ask that you discontinue any and all use of the domain name, within 7 days time."

You should not try to sell it to them if that's what you are thinking.

•••
•••
•••
SpinMasters does own the rights to one of the most popular toys, and they have the money to udrp you.

You really don't have much of a defense.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back