IT.COM

Tracking Users...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
Hi. I did ask this on another part of the site, but I got a limited response (if any)... I was just wondering if there was any way that I can track users through affiliates sites?

IE: "Customer 1" clicks through my site onto an affiliatefuture (or other affiliate program) website. His customer id is "001". He buys something from the link he has clicked through and I want to be notified that he has bought it. I don't mind how, I just want to be confirmed that he has bought from the affiliate.

I thought about using php sessions, but 1. I don't know how to use them and 2. I don't know how to retrieve that data from another site.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks a lot :)
Tom

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I dont think theres a way to track someone after they have left your site...

•••
You can use a clickthrough system such as a PPC does .... I'll post a link to a free one when i find it - BUT - Some affiliate programs Require that your clickthroughs only come from certain pages you have listed with them -OR- require an Image (Even a pixel sometimes) be shown from the Actual page the "Click" originates from on your site - So BE Careful !!!

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/42670.html

Php ~

Found it at Hotscripts ~ ^^^ :)

Last edited:
•••
hmm... is there NO way? I mean, sites like ipoints and all these "free ipod" sites must be doing it somehow. Are they just guessing by comparing times or something?

•••
Not unless you have a way to add code onto the site you are sending people to...

•••
•••

•••
You can frame it out with a javascript that tracks the users' clicks. Very bad form, and most sites will bust out of frames before checkout, but if it's a site you're worried about their ethics to begin with, they probably aren't large enough to have set it up anyway.
-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
but if it's a site you're worried about their ethics to begin with, they probably aren't large enough to have set it up anyway.
-Allan
Sorry, I don't understand this! :(

I just want to be able to make sure that a user clicked through and bought something on my site. Like how all the freeipod sites do it. They have the offers thing, and when you have completed an offer it tells you that you have. This is what I want to do!

Thanks

•••
NC Grammar, sorry.
Hit me up with a PM with the address of exactly what you want and I'll see what I can figure out, I very well might have misunderstood your original question.
-Allan

•••
PoorDoggie said:
Sorry, I don't understand this! :(

I just want to be able to make sure that a user clicked through and bought something on my site. Like how all the freeipod sites do it. They have the offers thing, and when you have completed an offer it tells you that you have. This is what I want to do!

Thanks

Thoese type of sites give the name and email of the person who bought to the partner who sent them. Its something they work out before the site for the ipod goes live..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back