IT.COM

domains Trace.com SOLD for $150,000 (3 Year Payments): Peer into the minds of end-users and their acquisition prices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain Volk is talking about he paid 400k is CarCovers.com very smart great buy to own the best name in a big niche

•••
Excellent buy for the Buyer IMO , great price on that one.

•••
I would consider this a poor deal personally, not so much price, the price is reasonable.

But the 3 year payment plan, that is a long time for just a 'fair' deal (in terms of price).

Single word like this, previous owner could have got around $150k in a single payment in less 3 years, even in an auction such as Namescon it may have done well.

•••
•••
sales1.png

sales.png

•••
The domain Volk is talking about he paid 400k is CarCovers.com very smart great buy to own the best name in a big niche
Couldn't it have been pilot.com instead? Check my previous post.

•••
Last edited:
•••
So basically if you aren’t already rich or didn’t start domaining in 1995 probably sol. Anybody who isn’t at least upper middle class left fighting over the scraps what a shocker.

•••
So basically if you aren’t already rich or didn’t start domaining in 1995 probably sol. Anybody who isn’t at least upper middle class left fighting over the scraps what a shocker.
There are always new trends that will come which you can buy cheap.

•••
Definitely not the case , there is an abundance of opportunity left in the domain industry . The only way that stops is if the internet itself stops using domain names

Last edited:
•••
Definitely not the case , there is an abundance of opportunity left in the domain industry . The only way that stops is if the internet itself stops using domain names

True.

However at this time most small fish are already dead in the water. (Edit: domain investors with lower tier / lower value names)

And will continue to be like that for a few years as we've just started going down economically (past that cliff) and it's still a looong way until the bottom.

Domaining has been perhaps the fastest and deepest industry to be affected so far, from what I've seen around at least. Since it's related to investment (users buying names for their business) guess that investments are either cancelled or postponed.

Note, these sales are okay-ish but they seem weak to me vs. the quality of the names.

Last edited:
•••
True.

However at this time most small fish are already dead in the water. (Edit: domain investors with lower tier / lower value names)

And will continue to be like that for a few years as we've just started going down economically (past that cliff) and it's still a looong way until the bottom.

Domaining has been perhaps the fastest and deepest industry to be affected so far, from what I've seen around at least. Since it's related to investment (users buying names for their business) guess that investments are either cancelled or postponed.

Note, these sales are okay-ish but they seem weak to me vs. the quality of the names.
True twiki true

Undersold heavy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back