IT.COM

ToysЯUs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sorry, but I couldn't resist this. The domain toysЯus.com is still available. For all those in the UK, I think you will know the shop. For those outside the UK, there is a large chain of shops called Toys 'R' Us, but on their shops, adverts, everything, the R is backwards.
Hope someone can make use of this ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how do you do get a R backwards tho= in a domain

•••
It's a Cyrillic character. You can either copy and paste it, or type it in. On standard keyboards, I think you can use the alt keycodes for Windows to type them.

•••
max99 said:
how do you do get a R backwards tho= in a domain

A Russian Cyrillic, but there are a couple of problems here. First of all, I don't think dot US supports IDN. The other is that you cannot mix Russian and Latin Scripts.

This small technical issues are an aside to get your Ass Sued into the next Millenium!

•••
hairyfreak said:
Sorry, but I couldn't resist this. The domain toysЯus.com is still available. For all those in the UK, I think you will know the shop. For those outside the UK, there is a large chain of shops called Toys 'R' Us, but on their shops, adverts, everything, the R is backwards.
Hope someone can make use of this ;)
They are also here in America; one of the largest toy store chains we have.

In the past, they have been very protective of the "Яus" brand, so I would be careful.

Good luck.

•••
Ah, I wasn't aware that they were so large in the US as well. Thanks for the heads-up on its legality.

•••
hairyfreak said:
Ah, I wasn't aware that they were so large in the US as well. Thanks for the heads-up on its legality.

Yep they are big in North America (Canada as well)

- Iravan

•••
What fun shopping there...

•••
hairyfreak said:

Well, it is not surprising as they are a US company.

•••
They're big in italy also.
I think they are worldwide and big enough to ruin your life if they think that the name may have some kind of copyright infringment. I heard a few stories about them and they seem very active against cybersquatting.

•••
in Canada too

I've seen this name months ago, but didn't reg it, it's pointless.

•••
Rom said:

Agreed.

•••
As there are no Toys "R" Us in Russia most people are going to have a hard time typing the Ya ( Я, я ) Cyrillic letter, which makes this domain rather useless.

•••
Rom said:
in Canada too

Its defintely pointless for a speculator to ever purchase a registered trademark , But if somebody sent a email to Toys R Us they might like the concept and forward there other domains to this for the " Look ".

•••
I'm sorry, I wasn't really posting the domain as a suggestion for somebody to register due to the TM issues, but mainly for the comic value.

•••
thegenius1 said:
Its defintely pointless for a speculator to ever purchase a registered trademark , But if somebody sent a email to Toys R Us they might like the concept and forward there other domains to this for the " Look ".
I just did a little experiment... go to your browser and type in xn--d81a.com then look at the title at the top of the browser (also the tab above the page if you're in Mozilla). All I did was mask one of my IDN domains to get it to do that. The altered domain doesn't show in the URL bar though... hmmmm.

I'm probably just doing something wrong... I think toysRus could work this out without reg'ing the IDN domain though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back