Domain Empire

new gtlds Top.top sells for hefty price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The domain name Top.top sells for a hefty price.
I have an Fb friend named Qian Huang, a domain broker, who did a status update:

"Good News:
www.top.top was bought for seven figures of CNY from the initial buyer, who paid 80k CNY in the first place. Now this website is in use, selling high end planes and yachts."

The Chinese are promoting .Top heavily.

What are your views on this new gTLD? Any luck with buying/selling or development in this new gtld?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My views on .top is that they are the most successful spammers in the industry in terms of quantity.

•••
I am surprised the registry did not reserve that domain.

•••
Top.top ..i don't like it. Its just odd to me to have a repeating word .

•••
•••
•••
•••
Not to rain on the parade, but this sounds all wrong.

registry usually reserves ext.ext, but they were willing to sell it for $12,896.47 for some reason...

In the face of massive registry cost and fees they cashed out their best domain for $12k?

Then someone come along and buys an extension full of spammers for $161k figures?

If it smells like a duck...

Last edited:
•••
Totally worth 7 figures IMO... 0.000001 BTC

•••
Chinese invest in domain which they see value from their perspective, they don't need to be agree with us.

Seller did a great job.

•••
Guys, the currencies are in CNY here and not in USD... Convert accordingly!!

•••
•••

"Good News:
www.top.top was bought for seven figures of CNY from the initial buyer, who paid 80k CNY in the first place. Now this website is in use, selling high end planes and yachts."

What are your views on this new gTLD? Any luck with buying/selling or development in this new gtld?
Qian Huang on fb is not a real person. He/She's a .top registry scam account. check her frnds and frndlist. she adds everyone on domain marketplace groups.

•••
Qian Huang on fb is not a real person. He/She's a .top registry scam account. check her frnds and frndlist. she adds everyone on domain marketplace groups.
Yeah it all seems fishy to me. Spend 12 and some change to sell million dollar toys? I regret visiting the site ..better change my passwords. :guilty:

•••
•••
This sale has not been independently confirmed, the only source is from a rogue registry.
But the sale could be true, it still doesn't change our perception of .top and its masterminds.

•••
•••

"Good News:

If something is promoted heavily, then I guess it might be worthy of a try if it's within your budget and you are well prepared, because it at least shows some strength of it's operator and brings a wider attention. Public awareness is a soothing precondition for spending money. And why don't you contact the owner of top.top and ask his or her opinion, that's the person who saw potential in it and paid the "seven figures", can be a direct and subjective way to find out.

BTW, I noticed whenever a post has something to do with .top (sometimes even not), two good buddies would reply quite actively, speaking ill of it, "liking" each other. I don't think it's what well educated people should do, even as industry competitors.

•••
7 figures CNY is not 7 figures USD

then we don't even know what it really sold for.

•••
Guys,

What can be more top than a top-top?

Which company will take sucks.sucks?

Last edited:
•••
Its weird!
Should have been a different word which matches top.
top.top sounds like something a child would say top top top top....

•••
It's funny to see the new http://top.top/ website! :)

In china they like double words! Like toptop baobao kaikai ;)

•••
It's simple to understand - 'top.top' is meant as 'top of the top'.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back