IT.COM

question Top Privacy and Security

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am helping a friend that is working on a guide about Privacy and Security, he asked me to write the chapter about the domains names. I've never really focused too much on these two aspects so I would really love to read some other points of view and ideas.

Regarding the security what do you think to be the best extensions?

.is
.ch

Who has experience with .SU domains? These aren't property of any specific country so it should be very difficult to take them down or away from the registrant. Is this really true?

Regarding privacy, I know about Njal.la and I I've used them one time, I can't complain about the service, but should be something better around, or not? They are based in an offshore country but use Tucows that is based in Canada...

The guide is about top privacy/security but at white-hat level.

I mean going with a burner phone on a public wifi and put random info buying the domain using a gift card is not something I can write about.

A registrar that just need and email address and accept cash by mail is for example ok.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back