Domain Empire

.today as an extension and Cheap Psychology

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I'm the proud owner of 197 .today gTLD's and I'm here to shamelessly:xf.wink: promote each and everyone of them.

I purchased each domain at Epik for 1.99 a piece so my total investment is $392 plus tax.

I'll list just list 10 here to give you a feel for the kind of .today domain I own.

FreePizza.today $6,020 HomeSale.today $20,143
Custody.today $25,000 plus YachtSale.today $25,000 plus
Weigh.today $10,430 Archeology.today $8,946
GoldDeals.today $4,222 FreeGolf.today $6,437
AutoSale.today $25,000 plus FreeDelivery.today $14,203

So let's analyze these domains for a second. 30% are one word domains, 30% make a "free" offer, 30% deal with major purchases, Auto's, Homes, Yachts. 100% use the cheap psychology that they're all available today!

Moving on, next to each gTLD is Go Daddy's appraisal for the exact equivalent .com. The "average" GD appraisal is $14,540. I've said before GD's appraisals are a Joke:xf.grin:. However, this won't keep me from using them to show end users just how screwed up this industry really is:xf.frown: Keep in mind, there's a motive in my strategy to show an end user what a bargain these domains are at 10% of GD's appraised value. Furthermore, I'm willing to give them these domains for free "if" they'll use them based on my very own TOS.
For example, FreePizza.today can be marketed in any number of ways. I intend to have 5,000 business cards, some in the shape of a pizza slice, and others round, in the shape of a pizza to be handed out on Old Dominion University's Campus.....I ask, what college kids don't want free pizza? Results will be measured first by how many hits the FreePizza.today site gets. Then we'll measure how many actually follow through with the offer. You may wish to note, 5,000 cards in the shape of a pizza or a slice is less than $120. If you need to ask about the free pizza offer, you either need to go back to school and take marketing 101, or check your DNA for common sense. I'm not being crude or rude...I'm just being truthful.

Bottom line, how do you feel about gTLD.today? Are you still confused like end users are? I spell confusion,
O.P.P.O.R.T.U.N.I.T.Y! How do you spell it?

Bulloney

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
burger.today & double.today available for registration. renewal, renewal, renewal ...

Last edited:
•••
Not bad I like refinance, hope it's not costing too much if it's a premium. Solid call to action in a marketing campaign, can see it fetching five figures. Inbound inquiry I'd have no hesitation quoting $100k+.

Wholesale high $xxx assuming renewal is under $100.

•••
So here's the thing..

If you choose to register .today domains, it's certainly your choice.

The feedback you are getting is from others that:

A. Have felt what you are feeling.
B. Spent what you are spending.
C. Lost what you are at risk of losing.

Even if you just take a breath and wait a few days, then see how you feel.

Remember, new extensions are super high risk investments. Your excitement doesn't change that.

Lastly, the people that are giving you tough advice hope to see you investing profitably for a long time to come because they:

D. Finally took advice and learned the true science of profitable domain investing before going broke and disappearing.

Will you?

ABCD = Always Buy .Com Domains!
(Unless you truly understand and can afford the risk.)

I also noticed you keep mentioning "it's .com equivalent". You are comparing apples and oranges. You should know the market for the extension you are investing in. Your comparing a paper airplane to a 747.

Have fun but you should avoid telling yourself "What's 2 dollars?". It will add up.

I hope you bookmark this thread and bump it a year from now. ;)

Last edited:
•••
So here's the thing..

If you choose to register .today domains, it's certainly your choice.

The feedback you are getting is from others that:

A. Have felt what you are feeling.
B. Spent what you are spending.
C. Lost what you are at risk of losing.

Even if you just take a breath and wait a few days, then see how you feel.

Remember, new extensions are super high risk investments. Your excitement doesn't change that.

Lastly, the people that are giving you tough advice hope to see you investing profitably for a long time to come because they:

D. Finally took advice and learned the true science of profitable domain investing before going broke and disappearing.

Will you?

ABCD = Always Buy Com Domains!
(Unless you can truly understand and can afford the risk.)

I also noticed you keep mentioning "it's .com equivalent". You are comparing apples and oranges. You should know the market for the extension you are investing in. Your comparing a paper airplane to a 747.

Have fun but you should avoid telling yourself "What's 2 dollars?". It will add up.

I hope you bookmark this thread and bump it a year from now. ;)

Silentptner...I thought you agreed with me just how screwed up the domaining business is? It's because it's so screwed up, I have absolutely no intention of making money domaining the old fashion way. Regardless of how you or others believe it should be done, my plan is entirely different. I've attracted several partners, two local, and two out of the country who I'm working with to sell our domains directly to end users in the financial industry, the healthcare industry, the real estate industry, the transportation industry, the entertainment industry and the online retail industry. We won't be waiting on them to come to us...we'll be going directly to them. To give you an example, several of us have high level contacts in most of these industries that the "average" domainer doesn't have. In addition, I have a contact at one of the top advertising firms in the US, and we intend to partner with them to market our domains. Make any sense at all? I've owned successful businesses in three of these industries, and I have a pretty good feeling for the kinds of names they need. btw, many of our domains will be marketed via a lend/lease plan, and for whatever reason they don't work, we'll take them back...the rinse, wash, repeat game:xf.wink:

Bulloney

ps. I don't anticipate being here a year from now. Why? I've learned enough to know what I need, and what I don't need to be successful.

•••
Silentptner...I thought you agreed with me just how screwed up the domaining business is? It's because it's so screwed up, I have absolutely no intention of making money domaining the old fashion way. Regardless of how you or others believe it should be done, my plan is entirely different. I've attracted several partners, two local, and two out of the country who I'm working with to sell our domains directly to end users in the financial industry, the healthcare industry, the real estate industry, the transportation industry, the entertainment industry and the online retail industry. We won't be waiting on them to come to us...we'll be going directly to them. To give you an example, several of us have high level contacts in most of these industries that the "average" domainer doesn't have. In addition, I have a contact at one of the top advertising firms in the US, and we intend to partner with them to market our domains. Make any sense at all? I've owned successful businesses in three of these industries, and I have a pretty good feeling for the kinds of names they need. btw, many of our domains will be marketed via a lend/lease plan, and for whatever reason they don't work, we'll take them back...the rinse, wash, repeat game:xf.wink:

Bulloney

ps. I don't anticipate being here a year from now. Why? I've learned enough to know what I need, and what I don't need to be successful.
I respect you and know you have extensive business experience. I'm sure routing for you!

You asked for opinions about .today. I guess it's wide open territory!

Sorry to see you go soon but glad you've learned all you need!

Best of luck domaining friend!

•••
I respect you and know you have extensive business experience. I'm sure routing for you!

You asked for opinions about .today. I guess it's wide open territory!

Sorry to see you go soon but glad you've learned all you need!

Best of luck domaining friend!
Silentptnr, I think too, I may be bad for NamePros business model? I'm sure I'm on their watch list because I don't participate in any of their money making activities. I still have plenty to learn, but it involves a different learning curve. Best of luck to you too, but I'll still be around for a while. Thanks

•••
I have one only and it's getting developed. Ask the question in a year and you'll get better answers?....

•••
It's a nice name. Refinance is taken in 57 tlds.

I try not to be too excited until the actual sale, though.

Edit: refinance.today was mentioned earlier and that's what I'm referring to. The post was deleted later.

Last edited:
•••
It's a nice name. Refinance is taken in 57 tlds.

I try not to be too excited until the actual sale, though.

Bulloney did not actually buy Refinance.today. The domain has been registered since 2015.
He is confused.

What he actually bought is the "Domain buy service". He paid GoDaddy a non-refundable $49.99 fee for the honor of just making an offer on the domain. This was mentioned in one of his appraisal threads before it was deleted.

Brad

•••
Bulloney did not actually buy Refinance.today. The domain has been registered since 2015.
He is confused.

What he actually bought is the "Domain buy service". He paid GoDaddy a non-refundable $49.99 fee for the honor of just making an offer on the domain. This was mentioned in one of his appraisal threads before it was deleted.

Brad
To clarify...GoDaddy will be refunding Bulloney's money because it was GoDaddy's mistake. Another reason why Godaddy will be refunding Bulloneys money is because Bulloney owns over 500 GD domains No Big Deal, but big enough:xf.wink:

•••
The today thread seems quiet, so I thought I would pop in.

I noticed today that I could hand register worthless.today.I went to GoValue which told me it was basically worthless, and I didn't register it, so its still out there if anyone wants it! Seriously, it does have possibilities, but I try not to handle domains with negative connotations (I would not do well in US politics!) so I am sticking away from it.

I went looking for my favourite expression, HaveANiceDay.today, but someone has it!

The east coast Canada expression funner is available, as funner.today, but since I already own funner.ca, and a lot of .fun, well I am sort of full of fun! My linguistic daughter examined the use of the word funner in different contexts.
Bob...just thought I would share with you and the rest of the .today thread followers that GoDaddy just issued a refund for their 49.99 mistake. However, what I really wanted to share is that listening to commercials while watching the Golf tournament yesterday, there were three commercials in a row that mentioned the word "today". One of them mentioned it in the context of "Save today" another one mentioned it in the context "come in we're open today", and the third one mentioned it in the context "buy today" While this doesn't mean everyone is going to rush out and buymydomains.today, it does portend for businesses to use domains like BuyDiamonds.today and SaveOnAutos.today or CheapAirfare.today. I own none of these, but they're an example of good use of the .today extension. What do you think? Thanks again Bob.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back