Dynadot

.today as an extension and Cheap Psychology

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I'm the proud owner of 197 .today gTLD's and I'm here to shamelessly:xf.wink: promote each and everyone of them.

I purchased each domain at Epik for 1.99 a piece so my total investment is $392 plus tax.

I'll list just list 10 here to give you a feel for the kind of .today domain I own.

FreePizza.today $6,020 HomeSale.today $20,143
Custody.today $25,000 plus YachtSale.today $25,000 plus
Weigh.today $10,430 Archeology.today $8,946
GoldDeals.today $4,222 FreeGolf.today $6,437
AutoSale.today $25,000 plus FreeDelivery.today $14,203

So let's analyze these domains for a second. 30% are one word domains, 30% make a "free" offer, 30% deal with major purchases, Auto's, Homes, Yachts. 100% use the cheap psychology that they're all available today!

Moving on, next to each gTLD is Go Daddy's appraisal for the exact equivalent .com. The "average" GD appraisal is $14,540. I've said before GD's appraisals are a Joke:xf.grin:. However, this won't keep me from using them to show end users just how screwed up this industry really is:xf.frown: Keep in mind, there's a motive in my strategy to show an end user what a bargain these domains are at 10% of GD's appraised value. Furthermore, I'm willing to give them these domains for free "if" they'll use them based on my very own TOS.
For example, FreePizza.today can be marketed in any number of ways. I intend to have 5,000 business cards, some in the shape of a pizza slice, and others round, in the shape of a pizza to be handed out on Old Dominion University's Campus.....I ask, what college kids don't want free pizza? Results will be measured first by how many hits the FreePizza.today site gets. Then we'll measure how many actually follow through with the offer. You may wish to note, 5,000 cards in the shape of a pizza or a slice is less than $120. If you need to ask about the free pizza offer, you either need to go back to school and take marketing 101, or check your DNA for common sense. I'm not being crude or rude...I'm just being truthful.

Bottom line, how do you feel about gTLD.today? Are you still confused like end users are? I spell confusion,
O.P.P.O.R.T.U.N.I.T.Y! How do you spell it?

Bulloney

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bottom line, how do you feel about gTLD.today? Are you still confused like end users are? I spell confusion,
O.P.P.O.R.T.U.N.I.T.Y! How do you spell it?
I do like your point about (dot)today..

Like mentioned earlier (on another thread of yours)...some of your name would be great for a "app"....A national pizza chain offering "buy one..get one free" on the FreePizza.today... Probably cheaper to build a app than buying business cards )and time handing them out)...
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=free pizza&hl=en

•••
I do like your point about (dot)today..

Like mentioned earlier (on another thread of yours)...some of your name would be great for a "app"....A national pizza chain offering "buy one..get one free" on the FreePizza.today... Probably cheaper to build a app than buying business cards )and time handing them out)...
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=free pizza&hl=en

Thanks again Briguy...all good stuff, but look what you made me reg. just 10 minutes ago, all tying into; "I like your point about (dot) today"

BackFitness.today
BadkFit.today
BackTherapy.today
BackTreatment.today

HipFitness.today
HipFit.today
HipTherapy.today
HipTreatment.today

KneeFitness.today
KneeFit.today
KneeTherapy.today
KneeTreatment.today

Briguy...I reg'd these 12 gTLD's for 1.99 a piece. And to think.click (my domain)....the Knee Business represents 35 Billion dollars in annual revs, the Hip Industry 15 Billion, and the Back Industry to include Chiropractic 40 Billion. I know you get it Briguy...I just luv you domainers from Canada. I think I've gotten to meet meet here on NamePro's a half dozen of you guys from the east coast to the west. God Bless Canada my brotha's and sista's:xf.grin:

•••
You are a registries best friend with these type of registrations.

I have seen you post multiple times about your experience in sales and marketing.

Business 101 - You probably should try to sell some of these to show a proof of concept instead of just collecting more of them. There is often a big gap between business theory and business reality.

Also, with experience in sales and marketing your skills are better used on better domains with higher upside. You are wasting your time and energy on these type of registrations with limited, if any, demand.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You are a registries best friend with these type of registrations.

I have seen you post multiple times about your experience in sales and marketing.

Business 101 - You probably should try to sell some of these to show a proof of concept instead of just collecting more of them. There is often a big gap between business theory and business reality.

Also, with experience in sales and marketing your skills are better used on better domains with higher upside. You are wasting your time and energy on these type of registrations with limited, if any, demand.

Brad

Hey Brad...thanks for the encouragement:xf.wink:....and the advice:xf.grin: It might do you some good to study SWOT101.com, a course I've reg'd. I'll be teaching at a local university, and if all goes well, you may be able to take it online if you pass the entrance exam:xf.confused:

•••
Why 2 word domains?
It is better reg only 1 word domain in newGTLD.
I don't have checked every single domain but, I guess, these names:

BackFitness.today
BadkFit.today
BackTherapy.today
BackTreatment.today

HipFitness.today
HipFit.today
HipTherapy.today
HipTreatment.today

KneeFitness.today
KneeFit.today
KneeTherapy.today
KneeTreatment.today

... Are available for hand reg in .com (i.e. BackFitnessToday.com).
Why someone has to buy you $ XXXX for your domains (+ $ 20 for renew instead of $ 8 for .com), when .com is available?
Just curious.

•••
Why 2 word domains?

BackFitness.today
BadkFit.today
BackTherapy.today
BackTreatment.today

HipFitness.today
HipFit.today
HipTherapy.today
HipTreatment.today

KneeFitness.today
KneeFit.today
KneeTherapy.today
KneeTreatment.today

Why someone has to buy you $ XXXX for your domains (+ $ 20 for renew instead of $ 8 for .com), when .com is available?
Just curious.

I don't want them .com, I want them .today! I see you're confused:xf.frown: I paid just 1.99 for each one, so there's no problem holding any of them:xf.grin: for a year. I've made money all my live at everything I've done, and it's not about to change:xf.smile:

•••
Why 2 word domains?

BackFitness.today
BadkFit.today
BackTherapy.today
BackTreatment.today

HipFitness.today
HipFit.today
HipTherapy.today
HipTreatment.today

KneeFitness.today
KneeFit.today
KneeTherapy.today
KneeTreatment.today

Just curious.

Sorry mpls...you asked "why 2 word domains" vs. one word? If you'll look at the intitial post that started this thread, I have some pretty decent one word gTLD's. That said however, there are times when two words actually work better than one, and vice versa of course. The example you give is actually a three word domain that really takes away from the two word imo. While I'm working in the richest part of the helathcare field, I just reg'd a few more gTLD's; backfix.today, hipfix.today, knefix.today, adjustment.today, chiropracticfix.today and chiropracticrx.today to go along with a few .coms I posted on the appraisal thread about an hour ago. Thanks

•••
I paid just 1.99 for each one, so there's no problem holding any of them:xf.grin: for a year. I've made money all my live at everything I've done, and it's not about to change:xf.smile:

It is about to change, I can 100% guarantee you of that...

This is why you will wont be selling any domains in the near future, because you refuse to take any advice from anyone. You keep saying you have a marketing & business background, I honestly don't think you do, or you would have realised by now that the way you are going about this is all wrong. If you started a say a T-shirt store and bought 100 T-shirts and a year later you hadn't sold a single T-shirt, would you go and order another 100 T-shirts? No you wouldn't, and nobody with any business knowledge would do this.This is just common sense. As Brad mentioned, theory and reality are very different, its fine to have an idea in your head, but actually doing it and making it a success is a whole different thing, and please don't say this is a long-term plan and you are going to hold these names for years to come, because you wont, not with the amount you have registered (1000+ domains in total I believe), those renewals will certainly hit home soon and you will end up dropping these names. You do know they are $34.95 to renew .a today domain, now count your .today names (500+) and multiply by $34.95 and you will see how much $$ you need in 10 months from now ($18K+)

I seriously hope you stop registering soon and focus on selling, even one decent sale would be a start. There are a total of 19 reported .today sales, think about for a second.

You can argue all you want, the facts are the facts I'm afraid, the only thing you repeatedly mention when people offer advice are these points below.

Im a business man first
Im a marketer second
Im a domainer third
I'm a seasoned business guy having started over 20 businesses
Im 70 years old
Beatle Memories
Some top domainers have told me I'm on the right track (like who?)
All you domainers just don't get it?
SWOT101.com
As an entrepreneur all my life
Been in the medical billing business for almost 25 years
You totally missed my point
I can tell you you're just wrong
I know about creating markets and setting trends
I have a plan for developing my domains (not 1000+ you dont)
"Make something happen"
Daymond John of Shark Tank fame
I'll be marketing my domains directly to end users
Godaddy's appraisals are a joke

None of these points will make you sell a domain and they certainly wont be paying for your renewals.

Many others have told you this before and people have knocked your names and told you to slow down, this is only to help so you don't make the same mistakes they made. You will be thankful for those comments in the future.

Good luck Rich

•••
In 2014/2015 I was a proud owner of about 20 mostly one word .today domains. Relative .coms went for $10,000-$500,000. Maybe the keywords just didn't work as .today. Anyways, they wouldn't sell even for $1 on Flippa auctions.
One of them was lawfirm.today, available for registration.

•••
It is about to change, I can 100% guarantee you of that...

This is why you will wont be selling any domains in the near future, because you refuse to take any advice from anyone. You keep saying you have a marketing & business background, I honestly don't think you do, or you would have realised by now that the way you are going about this is all wrong. If you started a say a T-shirt store and bought 100 T-shirts and a year later you hadn't sold a single T-shirt, would you go and order another 100 T-shirts? No you wouldn't, and nobody with any business knowledge would do this.This is just common sense. As Brad mentioned, theory and reality are very different, its fine to have an idea in your head, but actually doing it and making it a success is a whole different thing, and please don't say this is a long-term plan and you are going to hold these names for years to come, because you wont, not with the amount you have registered (1000+ domains in total I believe), those renewals will certainly hit home soon and you will end up dropping these names. You do know they are $34.95 to renew .a today domain, now count your .today names (500+) and multiply by $34.95 and you will see how much $$ you need in 10 months from now ($18K+)

I seriously hope you stop registering soon and focus on selling, even one decent sale would be a start. There are a total of 19 reported .today sales, think about for a second.

You can argue all you want, the facts are the facts I'm afraid, the only thing you repeatedly mention when people offer advice are these points below.

Im a business man first
Im a marketer second
Im a domainer third
I'm a seasoned business guy having started over 20 businesses
Im 70 years old
Beatle Memories
All you domainers just don't get it?
SWOT101.com
As an entrepreneur all my life
Been in the medical billing business for almost 25 years
You totally missed my point
I can tell you you're just wrong
I know about creating markets and setting trends
I have a plan for developing my domains (not 1000+ you dont)
"Make something happen"
Daymond John of Shark Tank fame
I'll be marketing my domains directly to end users
Godaddy's appraisals are a joke

None of these points will make you sell a domain and they certainly wont be paying for your renewals.

Many others have told you this before and people have knocked your names and told you to slow down, this is only to help so you don't make the same mistakes they made. You will be thankful for those comments in the future.

Good luck Rich

Wow! I'm IMPRESSED that you care so much:xf.grin: I'm impressed enough that I just registered, for 1.99, impressions.today and firstimpressions.today. You have to know that your rant only encourages me even more:xf.rolleyes: I need to warn you however, ASSUMPTIONS like with your friends Kate and lawyer Berryhill are just that...and you know what they say about assumptions:xf.wink:

The one thing I will share with you that's gone way over your head is my plan for selling/marketing the 800+ names I've been blessed enough to own. If I recall, like Kate you've wasted time (and time is money) attempting to see if I'm the real deal? The fact that you discovered that I've owned the .com name MakeSomethingHappen since September 1, 2001 must have really pissed you off, but when you discovered that I hadn't developed it, or even tried to sell it, you were back on your Witch-hunt, lol!

I have to say, I'm not only impressed with your shameful attempts to discredit me and my plans, I'm also impressed that others like Brad and Kate have been wasting as much time as you tempting fate. Just for the record, there's more to me than what you regurgitated. btw, you forgot to regurgitate what a JOKE:xf.grin: I believe domaining really is......sad:xf.frown:, but true.

Bulloney

•••
In 2014/2015 I was a proud owner of about 20 mostly one word .today domains. Relative .coms went for $10,000-$500,000. Maybe the keywords just didn't work as .today. Anyways, they wouldn't sell even for $1 on Flippa auctions.

Thanks...I just put my 1.99 where my mouth is, and reg'd LawFirm.today (note, GD appraises the equivalent .com for $23, 815). You may also wish to note that I own a number of "legal" .today domains like Custody.today, Settle.today and Inheritance.today. I probably own around 20 legal profession domains, to include a few .coms, to consider marketing them specifically and directly to the legal profession.

Thanks again(y)

•••
A registrar.

At least I know it's not just me, the OP is brushing off all sensible advice and mocking people who don't drink the Kool Aid.
I am convinced he has business experience, but he seems to think everybody else is dumb. The reality is that the vast majority of members here are not domaining full-time, they have a real job and come from all walks of life. Plenty of members have business experience too.
OP, do you really think what you are trying to do has not been tried before...

There is no need to buy so many domains, try to sell just one. When you have the proof of concept you can scale up. The people who have been commenting on your threads have experience selling domain names to end users. You have yet to match their experience but good luck anyway. Delusion does not sell domains.

•••
delusion.domains

wonder if this one is still available? delusion.club is registered :)

Could be a nice site for domain speculators. Welcome to the delusion.club

Last edited:
•••
Thanks...I just put my 1.99 where my mouth is, and reg'd LawFirm.today (note, GD appraises the equivalent .com for $23, 815).

lawfirm.com actually sold for 233k USD in 2011.

@dordomai delusionclub.com also seems to be available, so act quick. I have some bad news, though. Cryptodelusion.com is taken.

•••
Thanks...I just put my 1.99 where my mouth is, and reg'd LawFirm.today (note, GD appraises the equivalent .com for $23, 815). You may also wish to note that I own a number of "legal" .today domains like Custody.today, Settle.today and Inheritance.today. I probably own around 20 legal profession domains, to include a few .coms, to consider marketing them specifically and directly to the legal profession.

Thanks again(y)
Good luck finding any legitimate legal entity willing to waste their time and money and undermine their business using a .today domain name. As a marketing and business savant you sure have a lot to learn about the domain world. People are trying to give you real advice based on facts and experience, but if you keep shooing it all away then why do you have to make a new thread for every terrible name you register?

•••
I failed to find such a business, but it's probably not impossible. I the U.S. alone there are 47,000 law firms. This means, they have to use ridiculously long domain names like:
myoklahomadefenselawyer.com
sarikurlandbankruptcylaw.com
iowa-bankruptcylaw.com
coloradorealestatelawyer.org
birth-injury-law-firm.net

It's not like anyone ever will remember any of these domains. So a company can go ahead and try lawfirm.today.

•••
Good luck finding any legitimate legal entity willing to waste their time and money and undermine their business using a .today domain name. As a marketing and business savant you sure have a lot to learn about the domain world. People are trying to give you real advice based on facts and experience, but if you keep shooing it all away then why do you have to make a new thread for every terrible name you register?
lol Harrington....so if yor're unemployed, and it sounds like you are, you wouldn't click on this link?

HelpWanted.today
or if you had a bad back
BackTherapy.today
or if you had a bad heart
HeartSmart.today

too bad you're laid up with a bad back and bad heart. Is this why you're unemployed:xf.rolleyes:

Bulloney:xf.grin:

•••
lol Harrington....so if yor're unemployed, and it sounds like you are, you wouldn't click on this link?

HelpWanted.today
or if you had a bad back
BackTherapy.today
or if you had a bad heart
HeartSmart.today

too bad you're laid up with a bad back and bad heart. Is this why you're unemployed:xf.rolleyes:

Bulloney:xf.grin:
I am gainfully employed as an accountant, and have a profitable side businesses as a domainer, but nice try. It says a lot about someone who has to try to attack someone personally when they not only refuse constructive criticism, but pretend to be an expert in a business they’re completely new to. Good luck in this business, because you’ll definitely need it.

•••
I am gainfully employed as an accountant, and have a profitable side businesses as a domainer, but nice try. It says a lot about someone who has to try to attack someone personally when they not only refuse constructive criticism, but pretend to be an expert in a business they’re completely new to. Good luck in this business, because you’ll definitely need it.

Seriously...are you a real CPA? I guess like most CPA's I know, you missed out on a sense of humor:smuggrin: While you're knocking my business experience and expertise, you may want to check out a little company I've owned since 1987 called National 1099, Inc.? Do you know what a 1099S is? Probably not, most CPA's don't have a clue, but I was able to carve out a little niche in this market, and I represent around 200 law firms and title companies, mostly in NY and Florida, that I send their clients 1099's, and then electronically submit the information to the IRS. I've been doing this profitably for over 30 years now Harrington, but I guess it's been all luck:xf.wink: Goat Head go ahead Harrington check me out if you think I'm just blowing smoke. And speaking of blowing smoke...you may want to check out who just purchased the .com domain FakeMemorandom.com, but I also bought FakeMemo.today because there's a long shot chance I may know just a little about this business:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Click on it maybe. Come back to visit, that is not certain, the site has to be compelling enough. What is certain though, is that you will struggle to find anybody willing to pay a premium to buy these names.
But why are wasting your time trying to educate us, you should be chasing end users and come back to boast about your results. When I say chasing end users I mean it literally, because I don't think they will be chasing you to purchase your names :xf.wink:

•••
The today thread seems quiet, so I thought I would pop in.

I noticed today that I could hand register worthless.today.I went to GoValue which told me it was basically worthless, and I didn't register it, so its still out there if anyone wants it! Seriously, it does have possibilities, but I try not to handle domains with negative connotations (I would not do well in US politics!) so I am sticking away from it.

I went looking for my favourite expression, HaveANiceDay.today, but someone has it!

The east coast Canada expression funner is available, as funner.today, but since I already own funner.ca, and a lot of .fun, well I am sort of full of fun! My linguistic daughter examined the use of the word funner in different contexts.

•••
The today thread seems quiet, so I thought I would pop in.

I noticed today that I could hand register worthless.today.I went to GoValue which told me it was basically worthless, and I didn't register it, so its still out there if anyone wants it! Seriously, it does have possibilities, but I try not to handle domains with negative connotations (I would not do well in US politics!) so I am sticking away from it.

I went looking for my favourite expression, HaveANiceDay.today, but someone has it!

The east coast Canada expression funner is available, as funner.today, but since I already own funner.ca, and a lot of .fun, well I am sort of full of fun! My linguistic daughter examined the use of the word funner in different contexts.
Bob... not sure if you noticed, but I put a few of my .today nTLD up for appraisal yesterday, but some of my stalker antagonists caused so much mayhem NamePro's deleted the entire thread. Here are the .today names: EasyCredit.today and CarCare.today, along with Extravaganza.live and Junkyard.life. In addition, I posted GoDaddy's .com exact equivalent appraisals that ranged from a low of $17,000 for CarCare.com to over $25,000 for Junkyard.com. I also posted that I intend to use GoDaddy's whacky appraisals to help sell my nTLD's to end users. Funny, but a couple of my antagonists cried foul, and insinuated that I'm a crook:xf.wink:
Fortunately I've made considerably more friends here on NamePro's than enemies, which speaks volumes to me. To to stay on topic, here are a few of the .today names I passed on, but I may revisit them another day. Thanks Bob for being a NamePros friend.

Havoc.today
CarBargains.today
StartOver.today
StartNew.today

However, I did just register;

lottoluck.today
legalassistance.today
sexeducation.today
sexaddiction.today

Thanks Bob for being a NamePros friend.

Bulloney:xf.cool:

•••
Thanks for keeping the today thread going (I continue to hold only one .today, although from time to time have looked and considered others). LottoLuck is nice too!

We Canadians try (not always successfully) to be friends with everyone! Have a nice day Bulloney!

•••

Just picked up a one word .today, Refinance.today after researching for months. This may be my best hand reg ever in that the equivalent .com at GD appraises for $25K plus, and for 1.1M at Domaining.com and Estribot. Also Namebio has the equivalent .com being sold for 706K back in 2005. The point is, if you look long enough and hard enough sometimes you find a diamond in the rough. This may not be a Sex.com for 13M, but it's a pretty damn good domain for a salesmen like me to have in his bag of tricks domains:xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back