Domain Empire

To Clear The Myth Once and For ALL - 3 letter domains, all taken?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
To clear the myths once and for all !!!!

Im in the process of checking all 3 letter possible combinations on domains .net .org .us ( and just for the hell of it on .com )

I made a software to list me all possible combinations with 3 letters and as well as 2 and 4. For now im just chcking 3 letters.

Another software is bulk checking the entered combinations however it is not doing it all at the same time but about a 70 at a time.

I already went through - U - V - W - X - Y - Z the list with 0 available domains.

For those interested in knowing the results...

Well stick around :)
Probably guna be in few days....i thought the weekend would be enough but i think it will take a lil longer than that...

PS if anyone is interested in getting the full list of all 2, 3 or 4 possible letter combinations in a .txt format send me a PM.

%%-%%-%%-

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great

Well a great idea interested if all 3 letter.us have gone.

•••
I cant wait for the final result.

•••
Cool, good luck MistaPrimeMinista ;)

•••
First Results W - X - Y - Z

Letters W - X - Y - Z have been checked
( reminder that this is all combinations with all other letters have been checked for W - X - Y - Z on .net .org . us as well as .com)
0 Available

Letter - V - CHECKED

0 Available

Letter - U - CHECKED

0 Available

Last edited:
•••
may i post something in your topic? thanks :P

All 2 letter domains (including numbers)
are taken, atleast from the extensions; nl/com/net/org/us!!!
Woot :P

•••
Sure thats what this thread is about :)

Killing the MYTHS ! :)

Just checked letter U

Passing on T

•••
Just to clarify - are you checking all 3-letters, or 3-characters? When we talk about 3-char, we usually mean those that include numbers (like s3x.net, for example).

•••
ALL 3 letter domains in .com .net .co.uk .org .us .info are gone. I run a list every week

•••
Been there done that, I have made a software for my site a3char.com that check all available 3 character domains in all TLDs, but the pages isent updated in about 1 year or something... To scan all 3 char in 1 tld takes about 30 min to 1 hour with my program so it was to much work to update the site.

When you are done scanning, please post how many you found and compare with these numbers (taken 2004-12-06):
COM 0
NET 10999
ORG 20964
INFO 10682
BIZ 25201
US 26026

•••
Sure, some good news there.
We are almost done in killing the myth and takeing the pain away from those who still think that there are some available with those few extensions :)

I will still continue and check them all.

Thats grate ! We got some decent replies to clerify about the myths :)

For ''armstrong''

I am checking only the letters. NO Numbers in the combinations !

•••
Dont waste your time, you aint going to find any...

•••
Well its more of making wanting to make it official for my self and for everyone who might be interested....

•••
armstrong said:
Just to clarify - are you checking all 3-letters, or 3-characters? When we talk about 3-char, we usually mean those that include numbers (like s3x.net, for example).

:lol: :bingo: Yes Apollo .... Lets clear that myth up as well

They are not the same thing :yell: :snaphappy:

•••
all4cost said:
:lol: :bingo: Yes Apollo .... Lets clear that myth up as well

They are not the same thing :yell: :snaphappy:

Actually.. a 3 letter is a 3 character domain, but.... :p

•••
There isn't any left. Maybe they are available 1 sec after they drop...

•••
This week I registered how.org.uk and mob.org.uk. 2 years registration for both names cost me £9 or US$16. I'm not a domain snob -- org.uk will hold a website as good as any other extension. I find org.uk is the only place left where you can still pick up a decent 3 letter name.

•••
So i must ask you people...

Should i continue my little experiment or not ?

Does anyone think its still a good idea ?

What i can also do is check all 4 letter domain combinations....and post them here :D :D ?

•••
Foolproof way to find expiring names.

What you could do for the .us extention, for example, is buy a book with 365 blank ruled pages. On each page you put a heading like 1st of January, 2nd January right through until you reach the last page which it titled 31st December. Go through the whois beginning aaa, aab, aac, aad, until you reach zzz. On each whois record is the expiry date. When you see the expiry date you go to the page in your book and enter the domain name. You do that for every record until your book is filled with all three letter names listed under the day they expire. The following year, and all subsequent years, you turn to a page which has the curent day's date and you will have a list of domains expiring on that day. You can then check the whois to see which names have not been renewed. You can then register them directly or place a snap order.

•••
Methinks that the only 3LL names left that can be hand regged and have some possible value are 3LL keywords and, perhaps, some strong, popular acronyms in some of the more exotic cctld's. I have 3LL names w/ these attributes in .info, .biz and .us, and, frankly, no ones been jumping out of their seats to buy them, *yet*, and this doesn't disturb me in the least, because I know that the longer I hold them, the larger the payday. Besides general name appreciation, holding them will also give them more time to be optimized through development.

The point being, some of the better 3LL will be worth something in time, IMHO, but on a global basis, and disregarding the occasional fluke, they will have to wait their turn in the tld/cctld hierarchial pecking order, which means there are amount invested/holding time: realized profit issues that figure into the equation.

Last edited:
•••
St.Easy thats a pretty smart idea.
However to be honest i dont think that i will have the patience to do that :)

I stopped my experiment waiting to see if some people are still interested to know if there are any left 3 chars left...

There is plenty of 4 charachters that i saw....

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
There is plenty of 4 charachters that i saw...
I hand regged a couple of good-VG 4LLL .com names a couple of weeks ago, and have picked up a few good drops in this category along the way. I think this group holds the most immediate potential of what is avail to register w/ minimal expenditure, and is a good area to run your whois/availbility software on.

•••
•••
St.Easy said:
What you could do for the .us extention, for example, is buy a book with 365 blank ruled pages. On each page you put a heading like 1st of January, 2nd January right through until you reach the last page which it titled 31st December. Go through the whois beginning aaa, aab, aac, aad, until you reach zzz. On each whois record is the expiry date. When you see the expiry date you go to the page in your book and enter the domain name. You do that for every record until your book is filled with all three letter names listed under the day they expire. The following year, and all subsequent years, you turn to a page which has the curent day's date and you will have a list of domains expiring on that day. You can then check the whois to see which names have not been renewed. You can then register them directly or place a snap order.

It makes my head hurt just thinking of the effort that would go into this plan. Look up aaa.com whois, scroll down to the date, flip to the correct page in the book, write down the domain... then go to the next one. Assuming each cycle takes 10 to 15 seconds, your talking about 48-72 man-hours per extension, or 2-3 man-days. I figure you'd give up even before you get thru the first extension.

Why not use software to do all this? Its out there, you know.

•••
Good points GRILLA you can get some good ones for reg fee sell a few that can pay for renewals of the other ones.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back