IT.COM

Tips on making a good website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Keral_Patel

I'll do itRestricted (Chatroom)
Impact
Hello,

I wanted to post this so that you don't waste money in development and atleast start getting some revenue from it.

I am not making promises that you will make a million out of it. But it is always good to count if it will make $10 per month or not.

First of all ask yourself if you are a domainer or a webmaster. Because there are many things which are different in both the fields.

If you are a domainer and you are looking to shift to developed websites then here are some things you should keep in mind.

1) Don't do it just for the sake of doing it.
- I am trying to say that if you have some good domain and you feel it needs development then just don't listen to 1 or 2 ideas and start spending your money on its development. Think about it for sometime. If your existing revenue from redirecting or parking is good then stick to it. Because even in development the success path is not that easy.

2) Count your eggs and place them in different baskets.
- Just don't develop 50 sites at one time and spend a lot of $$$'s because if it fails then you lose it all.

3) Start with 3 or 5 sites.
- Start with 3 or 5 sites as it is the best way to discover the real potential. Make sure that you build all of them in different niches. It is again about putting your eggs in different baskets.

4) Don't be one out of millions.
- If you are spending development money then don't forget to back it up with a great marketing campaign. Because a :kickass: website is nothing without traffic. And traffic is useless without a great website.

5) Use good monetization.
- Use good monetization techniques. Lets say adsense in general. Plus some affiliate banners [Which are all allowed according to Adsense TOS] Even if the plan fails in lets say 3 months then also you might be able to make atleast 20% to 25% of the money back. Yet you still have your website with you. So you can wait it out. If monetization fails you can even find some sponsors for your site. Sponsors will only come if you have covered the 4th step which is related to traffic.

6) Use good hosting and take backups.
- Use good hosting service provider. And take regular backups if the site is a dynamic one. For static websites there is no need to take backups again and again as they are all same.

7) Never lose hope and stick to it till you can.
- Don't get frustrated in 3 or 4 days. Because everything takes time. From crawling of your site to the crawling of the sites where you have placed your links. The SERPs updates and loyal traffic. Everything will need sometime as you are not alone and there are millions of sites out there. So please keep it cool and keep your patience.

Okay that's it for today. My hands are paining bit now :bingo:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back