Domain Empire

Time to end .tv, .mobi and .us subforums

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should the .tv, .mobi and .us subforums be ended

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    40.4%
  • No

votes
    59.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Pommy - The DN Doc

Domain Name DoctorEstablished Member
Impact
All credit to those who have great domain names that end in .tv, .us or .mobi BUT why the subforum?

There are now extensions for every ending and its dog so why single out just three?

Lets have a vote...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jeff said:
:hi:

I believe, in the context if this posted poll, a "Yes" vote would include the following new homepage layout (potentially): :gl: :imho:

General Domain Name Discussion™:
-->> Specific TLD Discussions©:
-->> -->> alphabetized TLD sub-forum link

-Jeff B-)

There would be much use from that. For example, I have a number of .infos and therefore have a greater interest in what happens in that market.
:sold:

•••
I voted no because I feel there are lots of members on namepros for the sole reason that there extension has it's own sub-forum to attract like minded individuals. I also see the point that there should be other sub-forums for some of the more active extensions as well.....but if ICANN gets it's way it could go unlimited so it's like opening pandoras box with extensions heh.

imho

•••
Didn't vote.

My opinion- ccTLD discussion should be a sub-forum under general discussion and have .us merged in (because it seems very quiet whenever I look in there.
.mobi should be moved out of being a sub-forum (perhaps to where ccTLD is moved from) and perhaps renamed to reflect that it is about the mobile web in general (.mobi, developing, usage).
.tv is for obvious reasons a special case amongst ccTLDs, I see no reason to change this (it is active and it seems to work as it is)

Specific extension sales sections should be move to the sales forums group and not be sub-forums of the extension forum, again IMHO.

I don't think there is a need to create any further forums (e.g. .tel) a lot of them will be as empty as .us seems to be...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back