IT.COM

Thoughts on this .press?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lamp

Established Member
Impact
I know a new domainer such as myself would do best to stay away from the new TLDs (I read that on some thread here). But I think that suggestion implies that it's best to look at the old TLDs first.

.press is the news media industry's own namespace-corporations, journalists..you name it.

You would think a country ruled by a dictator, where the state funds (to put it nicely) the media would have claimed this domain name.

Ladies and gentleman, putin.press was available.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.news is much better by a mile

•••
it wasn't available, but you make a good point. haha

•••
I was surprised to see that there are in fact a lot of sites with .press extn.
Although it seems anyone can register this domain extension, it's not clear to me if there are any restrictions on the content. Does the content need to be 'official news' related, or can one put anything on there?

Since Namecheap has them on special for 0.88, I thought I'd get a few just in case.

•••
Don't .press checkout in your cart!

•••
Hah hah.. not a fan, heh?

I think this domain can work, IF you can find names/phrases that make sense, or as part of a good domain hack, like Im.press, decom.press, etc

Can anyone answer my question above?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back