Dynadot

Those who sell names on Sedo but park elsewhere, here's a tip

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sedo charges a minimum commish of $50 on most names. Unfortunately, we don't ALWAYS get bids high enough to make the commission 10% if the name is not parked on Sedo. As many of us know, while Sedo's parking is nice for keyword targetting, it pretty much sucks when it comes to payout. So the solution is not to simply keep all our names parked at Sedo all the time! I can't imagine how much I'd be losing going from Fabulous back to Sedo!

Fear not however, for if you do get a bid on Sedo such that the commission they take out is greater than 10%, simply park the name over on Sedo and keep checking back on the bid. You'll find at some point (probably after 1 view of the name after it's parked), the commission Sedo is taking out will "magically" change to 10%! Yes, this works AFTER receiving a bid, as I did it on the last name I sold there (SellMyDomains.com) and am in the middle of doing it AGAIN on another name I got a bid on (SellMySites.com).

This will help too:

"Offer is valid for sales of the following
- TLDs: .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us, .name, .li, .be, .dk, .de, .at, .ch
- Offer valid in North America, UK, Australia, and many other countries around the world. Members resident of countries with their own dedicated Sedo version are ineligible.
- In order to be eligible for the commission reduction, a domain must be parked (and have received at least one view) before the buyer makes his first offer. *As I pointed out, NOT TRUE. :)*
- Offer is valid until June 30, 2006. Sedo reserves the right to discontinue the offer at any time, with or without notice."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so that means we can just put it back to sedo

•••
Malaysia said:
so that means we can just put it back to sedo

Yes...you don't need it parked on Sedo BEFORE you get a bid. You can do it AFTER you get a bid and as long as the page gets a view (which frankly you can do), Sedo registers it as being parked on Sedo and removes their minimum from the commission. I just did it on SellMySites.com which just got a bid earlier today, so it does work as of this moment for the extensions mentioned in my post.

•••
They'll scupper this hole soon or if they didn't they just purposely let the door open after their reputation been battered.

Thx for the info anyway crooky. priceless!

V

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back