Dynadot

This KLOG thing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
People around the traps still chattin about the prospects of the potential new phenom of Klogging.......(a Klog is a knowledge based Blog), the idea is mainly for school unis company's, academia circles. Interested in some members opinions for a Klog prognosis as some on the web appear certain that it will become an institution and leave Blogging for dead.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not that suprised about it to be honest. I would expect it to do reasonably well, AS LONG as the information is of quality.

Where did you hear about this?

/me Just reged TheKlog.com to make sure ;)

•••
Read about it and heard about it in a few places, the most recent being domain radar (see thier comments below). I can see the logic behind the idea, in fact a Uni I went to many years ago (CSU) used what I would describe as an ancestor of the idea, very useful.

"3-08-2004
Missed the Blog buying spree in domains? Not a problem because a less-known type of Blog, Klog or K-log, could very well be the future of Blogs. Klogs are knowledge-sharing Blogs that can be used in schools or companies. Although Klog(s) and K-log(s) are taken in .com, .net, .org, and info, Klogger.net and Klogger.org are not."

Last edited:
•••
Where did you get that quote :)?

It would be nice if you said where you got it from.

•••
domain radar.......as stated

lol u did not have to edit Ogre I was not offended by your first post

•••
OK my mistake, been working late tonight :)

lol, just said it better.

•••
cut and paste the wrong paragraph, the one i originally posted was concerned with blogging and to qoute myself

"the most recent being domain radar (see thier comments below). "

(seems self evident to me)

no harm no foul, put your feet up old mate and have a cuppa you'll feel much better :)

•••
Np :), I did a little more research on Klogs after I wrote that. It seems they can be traced back all the way to 2001. However, they have been picking up more steam recently.

•••
were you able to sell those two klog related domains?

•••
I just put them up for the first time today. No bites yet. A lot of people don't know what Klogs are yet I bet.

•••
you know the more I have thought about it over the last couple of days the more I like the long term idea, the klog has been around for many years it just has not had a name nad not been formalised in a global way. There were many people blogging for many years before the term itself and the term or catchphrase has increased the popularity of blogging not unlike googling. I give klogging a percentage chance as a term with stamina, but not 100 per cent chance.

•••
Well it definitely makes sense. Should be very productive if mass used at companies or schools.

Looks like somebody took a run on Klogger and Kloggers a little over a week ago lol. Got Klogger.net, Kloggers.com, and Kloggers.net.

Should have grabbed Kloggers.com a while back, but oh well lol.

Last edited:
•••
lol i just reg klogblog.com just to be sure

•••
lol good idea. I was just afraid to go overboard when I regged klogs.info and k-logs.info.

Plus, I was a little turned off that it had been around for so long. Still has the potential though if its accepted by enough people.

•••
lol....

/me wonders how TheKlog.com would do ;)

•••
Who knows if the term will catch on. Even if the concept does, it's more likely they'll still be known as 'blogs'.

•••
Very true, that is a good possibility. The term "blog" is even more popular than "weblog".

•••
I don't think "klogs" will work as a new term because there are many types of blogs and there's not going to be a new name for each kind.

•••
What other types of blogs are there? Anything major like knowledge-based ones? The name "klogs" may not get anywhere near the size of "blogs", but it has been around for a while and is actually called klogs by a small amount of people.

http://huminf.uib.no/~jill/txt/researchblogs.html

•••
Originally posted by Anthony
I don't think "klogs" will work as a new term because there are many types of blogs and there's not going to be a new name for each kind.
Have to agree with Ogre on this one, klog is not a new term, it is established, the question is will it grow. The yahoo group in the link below shows movement for the term, the group has remained active (klogs · K-Logs (Knowledge Management Weblogs) since 2001!

•••
Like a lot of domain name trading it comes down to speculation.
There are basically three types of domain you register with the view of reselling :

1) A current domain that is getting traffic that you can make the most of.

2) A domain that is not in use, but you feel can be developed by yourself or someone else.

3) A domain that follows a trend that might take off in the future and you can ' sit on ' for a while.

I think the klog idea has a better chance than most of the ' speculative ' domains, but it also an area that in general does not really have a lot of money invested in it.

Take a look at how many ' Blog ' names are up for sale at the moment, plus what the ones that have been sold have gone for.

There have been some good names mentioned in this thread, that should turn a profit.

All the best

Richard

•••
Just to clarify, I wasn't saying some of the "klog" domains mentioned won't bring a profit. I was just saying that from a blog standpoint, "klog" is going to mainly sound like a wooden shoe and not become widely used.

•••
Interesting views as ever.

Well, to try to satisfy the questions we all have, as I have mentioned, I bought a "klog" domain. I am going to put a half decent Blogging system on it and promote it.

Lets see if there is any interest of any kind :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back