NameSilo

This is healthy warning for webmasters

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Actually this warning not just for webmasters only, this also for anywone who works daily in front of computers. Some of you might not know about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it's some kind of a common source of hand numbness and pain. You can see some of CTS surgery pictures, hope you still good after seeing those.

And it's a big risk for anyone who works daily on a computer that use mouse and computer on bad position. Here are some good postions on mouse and keyboard usage for you:

keyboard-technique.jpg

right-keyboard.jpg

right-mouse.jpg

and more on this post, also some hand exercise while on computer

Hope this information help us on healthy workspace! And hope I'm not posting this on wrong section

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the info :) My mum had CTS a few years back; it's not a nice thing to have, but thankfully it is easy enough to treat/cure (albeit via surgery) :)

I'd recommend to people to buy an ergonomic keyboard - a truly ergonomic one, too (i.e. where half the keys are split up, and are at natural angles etc).

Whilst the first "right" picture is true when it comes to standard keyboards, the problem is actually standard keyboards - our arms/hands work best at slight angles, and standard keyboards force you to work with your arms/hands straight and parallel.

This is the one I use:

http://www.techfuels.com/attachment...rd-4000-microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard-4000.jpg

This is best for prevention of CTS - it takes a bit of getting used to, although it's ergonomically a wise choice.

•••
Thanks for the info :) My mum had CTS a few years back; it's not a nice thing to have, but thankfully it is easy enough to treat/cure (albeit via surgery) :)

I'd recommend to people to buy an ergonomic keyboard - a truly ergonomic one, too (i.e. where half the keys are split up, and are at natural angles etc).

Whilst the first "right" picture is true when it comes to standard keyboards, the problem is actually standard keyboards - our arms/hands work best at slight angles, and standard keyboards force you to work with your arms/hands straight and parallel.

This is the one I use:

http://www.techfuels.com/attachment...rd-4000-microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard-4000.jpg

This is best for prevention of CTS - it takes a bit of getting used to, although it's ergonomically a wise choice.

Nice keyboard u have
Wish I could find one

•••
thanks for the warning...a lot of people tend to ignore these kind of things and suffer from it afterwards.

•••
Wow, I have a problem. I don't do any of that right...but I've been doing it for years and it hasn't hurt me, so I'm good right? *SMACK*

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back