Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Somertonian

Established Member
Impact
One of my GEO domains I am trying to price is TheNewYorkCafe.com

Having looked at search volume (18,100 per month) and CPC (£0.91) I thought I could work out a price factoring in a ROI timeframe for the end user of say 6 months and a minimum sale of say $5.

Adopting a conversion rate of 2% of searches would equate to 362 potential new customers spending $5 = $1810. With a ROI of 6 months means $1810 x 6 = $10,860. This would become my price for the domain

The search volume was on the term New York Café and 'NewYorkCafe.com is not owned by a café in New York, but is owned by a café/restaurant in Budapest, Hungary.

So assuming that there are plenty of Cafés in a city the size of New York and a healthy search volume led me to believe this could be a higher value than $500 mooted as average for GEO domains.

An obvious concern would be the high likelihood that the majority of Cafés are small establishments and will not have capacity/cash flow to be able to take this on

I may be way off here, so would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you for looking at my post.

Kind regards,
Somertonian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this domain does not need "The". $xxx valuation

•••
GenericDom
I think this domain does not need "The". $xxx valuation
GenericDomainz,
Many thanks for your appraisal. I agree that NewYorkCafe.com is better but as I mentioned in the opening post this domain name is already taken and is being used for a cafe/restaurant in Budapest, Hungary. This means that TheNewYorkCafe.com can be used to represent a cafe in New York and the term "The" adds a perceived prestige status and with some SEO done on a cafe website to get it to the top of the rankings it could leverage the good search volume and have many new customers.

Kind regards,
Somertonian

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back