IT.COM

news TheHungerGames.movie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
It seems like a little 'changeover', the film industry has preferred a .movie domain over a dot com. The latest news we see in this perspective is the launch of TheHungerGames.movie by the Hunger Games Franchise.
Is it like Ditching Dot com, or a refreshing change from the entertainment industry or just a matter of choice?
Add the Hunger Games to the growing list of entertainment industry franchises that are leaving the dot-com domain name behind.

The popular movie series became the first to utilize the dot-movie domain on June 9 when it released its new website,TheHungerGames.movie.
It's not the only entertainment franchise making use of a non-dot-com domain name, though. Focus Features is using Outlive.life as the website to promote its movie "Selfless," and Lady Gaga registered a non-dot-com domain for her foundation's website:BornThisWay.foundation.

Advice: Please do not register upcoming movie names @ .movie extension. Anything Trademark can add to legal woes.

Souce: CNBC

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not even newsworthy for CNBC, how much did they pay them to write the article.

Last edited:
•••
Not even newsworthy for CNBC, how much did they pay them to write the article.
Why'd you clip your post? I thought it was good.

When 8 paragraphs out of 12 is dedicated to Donuts and their interests, I think we can qualify it as a press release.

•••
It seems like a little 'changeover', the film industry has preferred a .movie domain over a dot com. The latest news we see in this perspective is the launch of TheHungerGames.movie by the Hunger Games Franchise.
Is it like Ditching Dot com, or a refreshing change from the entertainment industry or just a matter of choice?

Advice: Please do not register upcoming movie names @ .movie extension. Anything Trademark can add to legal woes.

Souce: CNBC

Wishful thinking. If they could use the .com, they would. More like settling for something else. The .com is being used, thehungergames.com redirects to this page - http://www.scholastic.com/thehungergames/

•••
•••
i walked away with something from it.........

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back