IT.COM

The Worst gtld?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The majority are pretty awful and are likely to go belly up.

Which is your favorite worst gtld?

I will start with .desi, had no idea what it meant until I used our online search friend.

But I bought 2! Desis.desi & Pro.Desi

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.Oooooooooooooooooooo .xyz

•••
The majority are pretty awful and are likely to go belly up.

Which is your favorite worst gtld?

I will start with .desi, had no idea what it meant until I used our online search friend.

But I bought 2! Desis.desi & Pro.Desi

Which one of the new gtlds will go belly up first?

•••
Imo, the worst gTLD is .co
All of my friends ask me "you missed the "m" huh?"

•••
Imo, the worst gTLD is .co
All of my friends ask me "you missed the "m" huh?"
That would be a re-branded country code TLD ("ccTLD") for Columbia.

Just like .me, .pw, .ws and .io.

•••
I was going to suggest a poll but too many to choose from!

•••
Perhaps the worst are still to come? the one that ranks of confusion to me is .ooo , i could see people typing in .000 instead and it would sound strange in a radio ad i think

•••

I think .me is above the other examples

•••

Yea, but people usually think it's .com has typo.

•••
there is lot of...

listing all of the worst will take more time :P

•••
The thread is the worst gTLD. If we're being politically correct and staying on topic, I nominate .ooo and .xyz for not making sense, even though people will bend over backwards stating that they do because they're "repeating letters" or "the last three letters of the alphabet".

The ccTLD's that were re-branded (.co, .me, .pw, .ws and .io) technically don't belong here.

These are the only ones that should be discussed IMO.
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings

•••
The thread is the worst gTLD. If we're being politically correct and staying on topic, I nominate .ooo and .xyz for not making sense, even though people will bend over backwards stating that they do because they're "repeating letters" or "the last three letters of the alphabet".

The ccTLD's that were re-branded (.co, .me, .pw, .ws and .io) technically don't belong here.

These are the only ones that should be discussed IMO.

Posted a new thread.

•••
i would like to nominate .xyz is the worst ever.

Interestingly com.com owned by .xyz. :-,:'(

•••

For the most part, I agree - However, .xyz actually might make sense in China due to it being the starting letters of a 3 character word

•••
For the most part, I agree - However, .xyz actually might make sense in China due to it being the starting letters of a 3 character word

Chinese use characters 中文 , or are you referring to pinyin?

•••
There are so many bad ones out there:
Really are you visiting a .website
No use worldwide: .viajes et al
Don't mean anything: .xyz and so on

•••
.XYZ is definitely not my favorite extension, but I think it will do real well. As a registry, that is. Would definitely not invest in it, though.

.WEBSITE is quite bad. So is .ONL.

•••
Because we all (I assume) grew up in the .com era, what do you think the next generation will make of all the new tlds... it might appear normal to them and thats the reaosn some of them will thrive?

I personally do not like many of the new ones, I hope .ninja does well because I bought one, but I should have bought a .guru instead.

•••
Chinese use characters 中文 , or are you referring to pinyin?
Yeah, i meant pinyin. It would be quite common to have 3 words that make sense start with X, Y, Z respectively in pinyin.

I also read somewhere that China is a big part of their registree demographic

•••
Does anyone see any of the new tlds taking over .net

•••
Yeah, i meant pinyin. It would be quite common to have 3 words that make sense start with X, Y, Z respectively in pinyin.

I also read somewhere that China is a big part of their registree demographic

Do you have any examples of pinyin words starting with xyz?

•••

I don't think it is about taking over, but rather .net, .info, .org etc becoming diluted as other options open up.

.com will continue to be the norm for many years, especially for brandables.

•••
Easily ! You just need to have 15 million registered. If you give them away as permanent freebies, perhaps you will get there.

•••
Do you have any examples of pinyin words starting with xyz?
I think what he meant was, but he stated it incorrectly, that x,y,z could stand for three pinyin words, one starting with x, one with y, one with z. But then why would that create appeal for an entire extension? Not.

•••
I still believe that .XYZ is a kick ass extension!

So, the worst extension would be .ooo .000 or whatever it is, followed by all the .LongDictionary words...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back