Domain Empire

.us The .us Spotter: Developed Full Sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

I hope this thread is okay, but I think it's time that we highlight .us domains (not necessarily our own sites) that are being used as full sites (not just mini-sites). What better way to showcase the .us TLD than to show how it is being used as a competitive alternative to .com?

My first entry (and this is NOT my site or domain):

FreeClinics.us​

This site was mentioned today on the Dr. Oz Show.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a fully developed .us site at Cheap Insurance Quotes. It is a decent money maker for me. Likewise for SR-22 Insurance.

Also, Maserati North America uses maserati.us with no redirect. They have some slick backgrounds you can download that feature the .us URL prominently.

•••
Interesting site I discovered recently...
inflation.us
This guy has a lot of youtube videos as well.

•••

In this week's New Yorker, an ad for Norway:

VisitNorway.us​

Took me aback, but then I realized that this URL is targeted directly for a US audience and is a redirect to VisitNorway.com/us

•••
Nice job on Louisville.us. That is a cityinthebox.com site, right? I like their sites, but they seem pretty pricey.

cartier.com directs to cartier.us for its United States site.

Yes, it is a cityinabox site. We worked a long term deal where we both would benefit if it was successful.

•••
ROSTOC.us

Then check out ROSTOC.com

•••
Easter.us

Comments, thoughts, and suggestions, are welcome and appreciated ! :-D

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Too many to name at this point, I see .us all over the place, just sayin.

The future of .mil and .gov is uncertain after the us transition, wonder if they will one day migrate to .us?

•••
•••
Well, since this thread was just dug up beside the newer one, I'll just mention again here how this is a blockbuster mind blowing example of what can be done with .US:

Represent.Us

Also, do see the other sites mentioned in the newer thread which are not mentioned here, including how Calvin Klein even forwards its .com to .us here in the US. (This is the new thread: https://www.namepros.com/threads/post-developed-us.1011553/)

•••
Edit..

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Haagen-Dazs, one of the biggest and most well known brands in the USA, if not the whole developed world. I can't speak for other parts of the world, but in the US you can scarcely go anywhere without encountering a big selection of Haagen-Dazs products optimally placed at eye level on store shelves. It is a household name through and through and has been for many years.

HaagenDazs.us

Notice how smart they are in not using the hyphen in their domain as well.

•••
hiswayplumbing.us

Local guy in my area.

•••

Zoom.us has done a lot of advertising in the bay area. I remember seeing a billboard similar to the one below last time I was in town.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-01-at-10.55.03-AM.png

They have the second highest Alexa ranking for a .us. (937)

The highest being the comment plug in Disq.us (791) which is a link URL shortener / domain hack for Disqus.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Just found a big one, folks, a total 800 ton whopper:

"Boasting 40 million monthly visits, Rare is one of the fastest-growing sites in the United States, covering national news about politics and culture."

Rare.us - "America's News Feed"

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back