NameSilo

The Ultravertex.com scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Before I finally posted for information on Photo sites, I did the search bit like most people. I came across TemlateMonsters and noticed they gave you a free membership for 6 months to Ultravertex. Since I was not looking for a template I went directly to Ultravertex and signed up for their 6 month 8.95us plan.

I recieved email from the folks who debited my account telling me that the account was active. I then proceeded to logon and check out the services. I found out pretty quickly that I could not use any of the services I paid for. I then sent email to Ultravertex to see if there was something I was not doing right, never recieved a reply.

After three days I sent another Email this time making sure I clicked on their website contact info and using their form to send the mail, by 10pm the next day, I still had no reply. By this time I was pretty Peeved so I sent another email, and 3 days later still no reply.

I noticed that the company had it 's website registered in VA so at this point I guess the only thing to do is contact the VA states attorney and bring criminal charges against them. What I am looking for is other people who have had the same problem, I found a few on the internet , but my guess is that because it was only 8.95 most folks just wrote it off.

I would be willing to bet that ultravertex is hoping that is what people will do. Since TemplateMonster is offering Ultravertex's services could they be one in the same?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Were you meaning Ultravertex.com in the title?

•••
Originally posted by insanity
Were you meaning Ultravertex.com in the title?

Yes, tried to change the title after I posted but it only changed the name at the top of the internal thread, not the thread name itself :)

•••
[title updated]

Have you tried contacting TemplateMonster? They have a forum, and when I used it in the past I got replies in a reasonable time.

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
[title updated]

Have you tried contacting TemplateMonster? They have a forum, and when I used it in the past I got replies in a reasonable time.

Thanks for the correction and the information. I will try the forums and see what happens, I kind of figured that if they did not answer direct emails that they would also conveniently pass the buck in the forums. But stranger things have happened :)

Originally posted by armstrong

Just checked both TM and Ultra and neither have a forum link. Unless it's buried somewhere that I do not have access to.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Originally posted by jj2ii3344
Ultravertex is not accepting any more new membership registration:
http://www.ultravertex.com/disclaimer.php

Can this be a problem?

No,

I knew about the no-template membership thing. They did that so that TemplateMonster could sell the templates on a per download basis(More money for them). They still have the site up for Clipart/Photo membership, just not templates. And the folks who are collecting money for them are still collecting it.

I have read on other boards that Ultravertex has been doing the same thing to others lately, I just wish I knew about this before hand. I am currently in the process of writing an email to TemplateMonster to see if I get anything done that way. If not, my only other alternative is filing charges against the parent company.

At this point it's not the money lost it's the principle of the thing.

•••
Did you try researching on webhostingtalk.com treatist?

•••
Re: The Ultravertex.com scam

Originally posted by treatist
I found out pretty quickly that I could not use any of the services I paid for.

What do you mean exactly by this part?

Does the login not work? You can't download a file? You're getting an error?

From here:
http://www.ultravertex.com/faq.php

I bought a membership, but it says I'm not activated, what do I do?

On a rare occasion it is possible for a processing error to occur on any system. If you have made a purchase and are not able to access your member account, send a support request to: [email protected]. Include your username, the product you tried to download, or anything else that might be helpful.

I would also look up the whois record and give them a call.

•••
Re: Re: The Ultravertex.com scam

I tried all that you listed till I was blue in the face, all to no avail. When they do not answer emails after clicking on that support link, it's pretty hard to report any problems. In a nutshell what was happening was that no matter what file I wanted to download from the site(Keep in mind this is after logging on and seeing the 175 days left on your account), It kept telling me that I needed to subscribe to the service to get that photo.

It says I am subscribed to Clipart and yet I cannot get anything from the Clipart section. This is using 2 diff. browsers, and trying said downloads on four completely different computers. As jj2ii3344 suggested I also checked out webhostingtalk.com and found others with my problem and the same lack of response.

In fact one of the messages even had Ultravertex.com's domain name expiring and no one could logon. Just wish I had seen this information before I paid for the service. On a brighter note, I wrote TemplateMonster and pretty much said I was fed up and heading for legal action if I did not hear from someone, and whola I received an email from them(which I never received from Ultravertex.com), and they said it would be taken care of asap, now I play the wait and see game again.

•••
Update
Well it's now been over two days since the inital reply from TemplateMonster. And once again no replies, and service is still unavailable. I would have thought they would have at least sent an update reply, looks like it's as I suspected, TM and Ultravertex and one in the same.

I will write another email and see what happens. If I am in the same boat I am in now then its off to the Attorney Generals office.

•••
Final Update

It has now been another 7 days, multiple emails to Ultravertex.com and TemplateMonster.com have not been answered. So on to the VA Attorney Generals office, lucky for me they go after companies like this tooth and nail.

Just a little advise for those looking for Clipart/Templates, stay away from Ultravertex.com and TemplateMonster.com.

•••
Thanks for updating us and good luck. Unfortunately, I don't think many people will be staying away from TemplateMonster, its a big force these days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back