Dynadot

The truth hurts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The truth hurts, that's why you won't hear it often and why people don't often try to sell it. Most people sell hype. Why?
Because hype sells.

Focus on the truth, the reality:
* It's a job, it's a hard job, a grind.
* You have to study, you have to work hard, you have to grind day in and day out, every day.
* You need to do it because you are drawn to it, because it's a passion for you (investing). If it's not, find something else that is.
* It's a lot of "alone time". Researching, tracking and thinking about domain names.
* It's not an unattainable dream, it's a reality, but only if YOU make it one. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In other words, you have to put in the time, that you would put in for any other money making endeavour.

•••
Indeed! But seems like a wrong section ;)

•••
The truth hurts,

Hi

for some, yes, the truth hurts.
mainly because some take it personally, rather than seeing it as "free consultation" from a business perspective.

it's easy, to tell you what you want to hear... but who tells you what you need to know?

imo...

•••
Yes agree, domaining is not a easy money scheme.
I m on my 3rd year of domaining still did not sell anything, only low ball offers.
But I look forward, my harvest day is coming soon.

•••
Yes agree, domaining is not a easy money scheme.
I m on my 3rd year of domaining still did not sell anything, only low ball offers.
But I look forward, my harvest day is coming soon.

Patience is the key.

•••
Hi

for some, yes, the truth hurts.
mainly because some take it personally, rather than seeing it as "free consultation" from a business perspective.

it's easy, to tell you what you want to hear... but who tells you what you need to know?

imo...
Well done. Biggie knows, pick up what you can from veterans in the field, you don't have to believe it, just give it a chance, especially when it's free, because they don't want anything from you.

•••
In other words, you have to put in the time, that you would put in for any other money making endeavour.
Yes, but it's not just time.

•••
•••
Domains can take over your mind when you are trying to find free space but if it wasn't domains it would be something else at least i get a few wins.

•••
Yes the truth hurts. Majority of domainers will not make money or be successful. This is because they chase trends and buy domains without putting in the effort to learn what is profitable.

•••
The truth is that top is top but this only hurts those who think that com is top so don't think this if you don't want to be hurt by the truth.

Last edited:
•••
If people took truth as constructive criticism, would be less blood in the streets

•••
If people took truth as constructive criticism, would be less blood in the streets
Be offended on someone else's behalf.

Truth due to not wanting to offend many don't really offer appraisals.

Last edited:
•••
Truth is like a rock, it's hard to break and tends to last. Also, it hurts when someone throws a rock at you.

•••
Is it fast as lightning , Minnesota Viking?

•••
The truth hurts, that's why you won't hear it often and why people don't often try to sell it. Most people sell hype. Why?
Because hype sells.

Focus on the truth, the reality:
* It's a job, it's a hard job, a grind.
* You have to study, you have to work hard, you have to grind day in and day out, every day.
* You need to do it because you are drawn to it, because it's a passion for you (investing). If it's not, find something else that is.
* It's a lot of "alone time". Researching, tracking and thinking about domain names.
* It's not an unattainable dream, it's a reality, but only if YOU make it one. :)
I totally agree with you, the truth hurts.

I think that people look for the fastest way to achieve their goals (either for passion or money), and that's where we find a harsh reality that nobody tells us. It's easy only if you prepare yourself, it will be easier with every mistake you make along the way, and so on... But, who likes to hear such things?

•••
Yep agreed.
I cant seem to sell the domains I have.
Any available domains that I research and find that I think are 'good' domains are selling at the registrar at a premium price that I cant afford.
Much as I love researching, and I have passion for buying domains, I don't think I will ever make any money.
It's too expensive to keep as a hobby.

•••

cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back