Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How is .sx doing by the way ?
Sold one LLL.SX for symbolic $555 in March, for example.

This thread is all about .PRO (gTLD).

•••
Sebastian.pro sold for 850 USD :wave:

•••
Sedo

Unfortunately we don’t accept any .pro names to the GreatDomains auction.

•••
Total .pro domains registered increased by 0.3% in January 2013 to 157,409. PDR is the newest .pro registrar to have over 10,000 .pros, reaching 16,496 after 4 months. Average daily WHOIS checks exceeded 100,000 in January 2013 for the first time, up 195.2% in the last 12 months to 101,800. Good to see 3 .pros in the DNJournal non .com Top 100 sales of 2013. I recall Tennis.pro sold for $410 in March 2007 at Sedo auction so $6,500 is a 1,685% return for the seller.

•••
Just reported:

Handy.pro has been sold for 3,500 EUR

ChatRoulette.pro has been sold for 1,250 USD

Ivan.pro has been sold for 800 EUR

:wave:

•••
That's Handy! Thanks Terol.

•••
Top German cities are hitting the market auction at Sedo:

dortmund.pro
duesseldorf.pro
hannover.pro
koeln.pro
muenchen.pro
stuttgart.pro
wiesbaden.pro

You can check all of them here: http://reduce.li/germanpros/

All seven decently prices. What are your predictions for the end prices?

•••
•••
•••
Turning Tide

Very interesting times in the domain industry. It is starting to feel like many of the past posts on this thread, specifically the ones that questioned the value of the .pro extension maybe answered as more and more .pro sales occur.

People are starting to understand that many extensions will resonate with the general public. Memorable easily spelled domain names with a great extension will be coveted by the 100's of millions of business that are not yet participating on the internet.

Many on this thread hold some of the most valuable real estate the world has ever known. I am hopeful that in the near future we will see value in the .pro that we could have never imagined. If this is the case for those that hold their portfolio and command a higher price that is substantially more than the reserves asked for the above mentioned German Cities we will forever be remembered in the same light as our Grandfathers that purchased plots of land for pennies.

Many of these grandfathers left behind unimaginable fortunes to the heirs of the estates. Others sold of piece by piece to pay bills until the most valuable commercial land and or the farm was all gone.

I have a responsibility to my children and grandchildren to not repeat the same mistakes. Imagine one day saying...once I owned almost all of Germany...but I thought $5-$10k in short term profits where more important then leaving behind a legacy.

Love him, hate him, agree or disagree, today’s post at Ricks Blog should be read...a few times over.

http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/...a-successful-investor-stop-being-a-whore.html

If that’s not enough to change your mind head over to Frank Schillings blog and find the post about Lobster.

•••
•••
•••
wise dotpro sold $1,557

Hopefully, afilias will wise up as well!

•••
trener (English: Trainer) sold — 1,249 USD on Sedo

•••
This is probably something that it takes a company like Afilias to get done.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130502-910179.html

I got .pro to show up in searches if I typed in the exact domain 'example.pro' but don't see .pro as prominent in the results as the article claims. Regardless it is a step forward for the extension. I think its good for .pro to be recognized as being solid domain real estate online.

•••
•••
Thanks Jurgen. Looks like meaningful development on a .pro
Better yet, something that appeals to the underlying technical people who develop online.

•••
•••
•••
Publis.pro

Our principal objective is to empower professional photographers with a bulletproof online and mobile presence, distribution, secure storage and the ability to publish and sell your content and productions…

•••
Total .pro domains registered increased by 0.3% in January 2013 to 157,409. PDR is the newest .pro registrar to have over 10,000 .pros, reaching 16,496 after 4 months. Average daily WHOIS checks exceeded 100,000 in January 2013 for the first time, up 195.2% in the last 12 months to 101,800. Good to see 3 .pros in the DNJournal non .com Top 100 sales of 2013. I recall Tennis.pro sold for $410 in March 2007 at Sedo auction so $6,500 is a 1,685% return for the seller.

Looks like the joint is jumpin' !!! Either that or more people are reporting sales. Those average daily Whois checks are amazing at 100,000+. Am I missing something here? Are these Whois checks performed by warm blooded, ten fingered bipeds or are they bots or spiders or what not?

And thanks Andrew for all of the great information. It's much appreciated !!!

8^X

Last edited:
•••
.pro domains still strong?

Just wondering if there is still a reseller market for the .pro extension.

•••
You mean there has ever been one ?

•••
if you look in the past threads on namepros there has been many sales in the $x,xxx range, just not for some time now.

•••
think it would be wise to secure a dot pro domain name now??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back