NameSilo
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

InvisionTech

Established Member
Impact
133
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
Encirca have just announced $19.95 .pro registrations and $29.95 renewals for March. The latter is probably of most interest to people on this thread.
 
0
•••
10 said:
Encirca have just announced $19.95 .pro registrations and $29.95 renewals for March. The latter is probably of most interest to people on this thread.

Great move by Encirca!
 
0
•••
And I just renewed my domains at Encirca _\|/_

I've asked for a refund/credit of the difference.

Hope they do, it would suck otherwise... why don't they provide advance info for promos is beyond me.
 
0
•••
Good move by encirca. I hope they keep realizing that people are moving away from them, transferring domains to cheaper registrars and LOWER the price further.
 
0
•••
never heard of .pro
 
0
•••
Hey Skippy, welcome - reading all 43 pages on this thread may be of help then. :)
 
0
•••
AndyR said:
I have had the usual registry pro enquiry and seem to have been accepted. :|

andy

Sorry if this has already been posted but I was renewing a PRO at encirca yesterday and it appears that they are taking the burden of proof off of the domain owner and telling the buyer to beware. You have to agree to the following before renewing a pro.


Information about .Pro registrants is supplied voluntarily by each registrant, and all .Pro registrants self-certify that they are accredited professionals. The data contained in Registry Operator's WHOIS database, including but not limited to data regarding a registrant's stated profession, is provided "AS IS" with no guarantee or warranties as to its timeliness or accuracy. Consumers should contact the relevant jurisdiction's licensing body or office of professionals to obtain information about a .Pro registrant's licensing status and qualifications. Each .Pro registrant is solely responsible for all content on such .Pro registrant's .Pro web site. Neither this organization nor the Registry Operator is responsible for, is endorsing, or can attest to the accuracy of any statements made by .Pro registrants, any content on a .Pro registrant's web site or any advice provided by a .Pro registrant. Neither this organization nor the Registry Operator is responsible for, is endorsing, or can attest to the accuracy of any statements made by .Pro registrants, any content on a .Pro registrant's web site or any advice provided by a .Pro registrant. Neither this organization nor the Registry Operator is a referral service or is giving any legal, medical, accounting or other professional advice.

Caveat emptor brothers and sisters.

Charles

-----------------------------

I'm sorry but I forgot to add my shameless promotion ...

Essays.pro

and

ColumbusOhio.pro

are over in the Fixed Price Listings. Don't let the high BIN prices scare you off. All offers all welcomed.

Thanks Pro People

Charles
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Samit said:
And I just renewed my domains at Encirca _\|/_

I've asked for a refund/credit of the difference.

Hope they do, it would suck otherwise... why don't they provide advance info for promos is beyond me.

If Encirca provided advance notice of promotions whoever reregged at the higher rate 1 day before the promo announcement would want a refund. Encirca would do virtually no business during the advance notice period because everybody would be holding on for the promo period to start.

Promotions and price reductions increase awareness and total .pros registered so anything you lose today, you stand a better chance of getting back tomorrow. The key is don't renew all your .pros at once, that way you stand a better chance of benefitting from a promotion or permanent price reduction.
 
0
•••
Big Jelly said:
Sorry if this has already been posted but I was renewing a PRO at encirca yesterday and it appears that they are taking the burden of proof off of the domain owner and telling the buyer to beware. You have to agree to the following before renewing a pro.


Information about .Pro registrants is supplied voluntarily by each registrant, and all .Pro registrants self-certify that they are accredited professionals. The data contained in Registry Operator's WHOIS database, including but not limited to data regarding a registrant's stated profession, is provided "AS IS" with no guarantee or warranties as to its timeliness or accuracy. Consumers should contact the relevant jurisdiction's licensing body or office of professionals to obtain information about a .Pro registrant's licensing status and qualifications. Each .Pro registrant is solely responsible for all content on such .Pro registrant's .Pro web site. Neither this organization nor the Registry Operator is responsible for, is endorsing, or can attest to the accuracy of any statements made by .Pro registrants, any content on a .Pro registrant's web site or any advice provided by a .Pro registrant. Neither this organization nor the Registry Operator is responsible for, is endorsing, or can attest to the accuracy of any statements made by .Pro registrants, any content on a .Pro registrant's web site or any advice provided by a .Pro registrant. Neither this organization nor the Registry Operator is a referral service or is giving any legal, medical, accounting or other professional advice.

Caveat emptor brothers and sisters.

Charles

-----------------------------

I'm sorry but I forgot to add my shameless promotion ...

Essays.pro

and

ColumbusOhio.pro

are over in the Fixed Price Listings. Don't let the high BIN prices scare you off. All offers all welcomed.

Thanks Pro People

Charles

I think you quoted a long ago post from me. I am certainly a professional being an accredited civil engineer by the Engineering Council and a member of the Institution of Civil Engineers. It is one reason I pay professional fees annually. I was commenting on the fact that this had probably been recognised by the pro registry as a suitable qualification.

I take your point about buyers being aware of the requirement for professional status.

I am of the opinion that this is a distinctive feature in pro and should remain. If .pro is to rise above cc.tld and other free for all .tld domains, it should retain some exclusivity and this should also provide credibility to the site if developed.

andyr
 
0
•••
Not sure how many your renewed Samit, but I feel your pain I renewed 5 between Jan and Feb before any price cuts. Live and Learn for next time. :red:
 
0
•••
10 said:
If Encirca provided advance notice of promotions ... would do virtually no business during the advance notice period because everybody would be holding on for the promo period to start.
And I'm supposed to feel bad for them?

Tbh, I feel scammed... 99% of all registrars I deal with provide at least a week's notice for upcoming promos.

Aside from the fact that we're the ones who're actually doing anything for the extension, unlike the registry or encirca... its not that they're doing us a major favour.
 
0
•••
Samit, I hear yah paji ;)
 
0
•••
Nice News.

Wow what news on .pro promotion.

Thanks.


sundari.
 
0
•••
Some excellent news... I got a refund :tu:

Encirca has a customer for life, for whatever its worth.

The money is good to get back, but whats awesome is the attitude. I've been running a services company since 1995 and we're reasonably successful because of one reason - customer satisfaction, can't put a price on that.
 
0
•••
Samit said:
Some excellent news... I got a refund :tu:

8^X :santa:
 
0
•••
AndyR said:
I think you quoted a long ago post from me. I am certainly a professional being an accredited civil engineer by the Engineering Council and a member of the Institution of Civil Engineers. It is one reason I pay professional fees annually. I was commenting on the fact that this had probably been recognised by the pro registry as a suitable qualification.

I take your point about buyers being aware of the requirement for professional status.

I am of the opinion that this is a distinctive feature in pro and should remain. If .pro is to rise above cc.tld and other free for all .tld domains, it should retain some exclusivity and this should also provide credibility to the site if developed.

andyr


I did the same. I'm a Mechanical Engineer, ASME, PE (from NCSU Mech / Aerospace program) and all that rot. But I used a number from a city business license that was sitting on my desk. Point being that it made no difference.

Someone had made a comment that they purchased a Pro and must have "passed muster." I was just pointing out that it appears that they are not going to check credentials as they originally claimed.

Chas
 
0
•••
I got my two domains moved from Encirca to DomainPeople and the funny part is their expiration date..

address.pro Dec 31 1969
open.pro Dec 31 1969

:lol:
 
0
•••
www.DONT.net said:
I got my two domains moved from Encirca to DomainPeople and the funny part is their expiration date..

address.pro Dec 31 1969
open.pro Dec 31 1969

:lol:
Also having this problem (wrote in previous post)
And they are not fixing it.....

And more funny thing - try to renew this domain(s) at domainpeople - they offering to do it for $1400 :) (For 40 years from 1969)
 
0
•••
www.DONT.net said:
I got my two domains moved from Encirca to DomainPeople and the funny part is their expiration date..

address.pro Dec 31 1969
open.pro Dec 31 1969

:lol:


DomainPeople on daaru :D

I transfered Memory.pro and it looks fine except that it also shows up in encirca... and I can't change DNS info in DomainPeople!!!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back