Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

InvisionTech

Established Member
Impact
133
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
akcampbell said:
Steveteva I would stick with .pro if I were you. I applied for 11 .tels and ended up with 2; One.tel and Digi.tel, but I wouldn't buy a .tel on the aftermarket.

Even if you could develop a .tel on a level playing field with other extensions, the fit between keywords and extensions are more logical, brandable, and coveted in .pro than .tel. Compare Google uniques;

"Tahiti Pro" 5,330
"Tahiti tel" 1,550

Geos don't fit .pro that well, even my best one France.pro only has 223,000 Google uniques.

"Paintball Pro" 39,000
"Paintball tel" 401

Hobbies and pastimes work brilliantly with .pro because enthusiasts like the idea of being a Pro. Marketed to a paintball fan with web design skills you would have a real chance of an aftermarket sale.

It is virtually impossible for alternative extensions to make any real headway against .com but .pro has the class to do it if Hostway sold it to a more commercial, proactive, creative, competent, and domain industry friendly registry.

You can't compare the pro and tel for geo using Google it's inaccurate, anyway I have a big idea behind my mind. I agree with you for the paintball that is a real gem so might have change my mind for selling now, thank you.
 
0
•••
Hi

Someone had taken

brandy.pro :gn:

I had made a post earlier, that if anyone wanted it.

Nice name.:'(



sundari.
 
0
•••
akcampbell said:
"Paintball Pro" 39,000
"Paintball tel" 401

Hobbies and pastimes work brilliantly with .pro because enthusiasts like the idea of being a Pro. Marketed to a paintball fan with web design skills you would have a real chance of an aftermarket sale.

It is virtually impossible for alternative extensions to make any real headway against .com but .pro has the class to do it if Hostway sold it to a more commercial, proactive, creative, competent, and domain industry friendly registry.

I will probably build a paintball community like "my space" and sell ad spaces to paintball shops. Thanks again for your advices. Oh, PM me if you are selling France.pro
 
0
•••
Anyone using domainpeople here?

Their transfer ins seem to be $16.95... any info welcome.

Thinking of moving my names to them if they're good.
 
0
•••
mjs said:
.... {snip} .... Encirca may not be the de jure cost leader for .PRO, but when other less quantifiable elements, such as convenience, customer service, and the like are taken into account, Encirca may, indeed, exercise de facto peer leadership.
Agree, and nobody mentions DNS. Fact is, Encirca offers the best set of free DNS services of any registrar I've ever used, and I've tried at least 60 or 70 registrars thanks largely to snapnames.

So if you're a speculator who just wants to hold a .pro a bit longer then sell it, transfer it to domainpeople for $20 and protect your expected profit margin. But if you're a developer, check out dns.encirca.com

The UI is bad, it was bad when they wrote it years ago, OK it's very bad. But once you figure out what they offer, where they put stuff and how to use it (trial and error - it's not intuitive) you'll be pleasantly surprised at the reliability and the breadth of services offered. I'm just saying - there's a lot of things you cannot do with any of the other .pro registrars including the common predecessor of all modern registrars Netsol.

OK I'm done - Tom send my check already.
.
 
0
•••
Samit said:
Anyone using domainpeople here?

Their transfer ins seem to be $16.95... any info welcome.

Thinking of moving my names to them if they're good.


I have initiated few xfers from encirca to domainpeople, lets see how it goes and I got 'em for $19.95 per name
 
0
•••
Samit said:
Anyone using domainpeople here?

Their transfer ins seem to be $16.95... any info welcome.

Thinking of moving my names to them if they're good.

I emailed them about transferring my encirca names to them but have not heard back yet. I think i will do it anyway, 60 bucks a renewal is a rip off.
 
0
•••
When you transfer a .pro to DomainPeople for $16.95 or $19.95, presumably you get 1 year of additional registration included in that?
 
0
•••
akcampbell said:
When you transfer a .pro to DomainPeople for $16.95 or $19.95, presumably you get 1 year of additional registration included in that?

I believe so, they honor the current time on the domain (at the time of transfer) plus one year.
 
0
•••
Does anyone have a successful experience with transferring .pros from Encirca to Domainpeople?

Thanks.
 
0
•••
How do you create a community? I've got GraphicArts.pro and think a graphic arts community site would be great!
 
0
•••
MasterGuru said:
Does anyone have a successful experience with transferring .pros from Encirca to Domainpeople?

Thanks.

Anyone ??
 
0
•••
They they will ever drop the requirement to be a registered business to get a .pro name? That will help sales I bet..
 
0
•••
Dustie said:
They they will ever drop the requirement to be a registered business to get a .pro name? That will help sales I bet..

The requirement isn't that someone has to be a registered business, it's that you have a professional license.

-Galel
 
0
•••
Galel said:
The requirement isn't that someone has to be a registered business, it's that you have a professional license.

-Galel

still not very good practice lol
 
0
•••
I'm a graphic artist, but don't belong to any professional organization. I purchased graphicarts.com thinking I could register a DBA (doing business as) with the state and county I live in, and use that liscense number. So are you saying this won't work?

In that case, is there anyway I can keep from losing this domain name?
 
0
•••
Dustie said:
I'm a graphic artist, but don't belong to any professional organization. I purchased graphicarts.com thinking I could register a DBA (doing business as) with the state and county I live in, and use that liscense number. So are you saying this won't work?

In that case, is there anyway I can keep from losing this domain name?


Your county business license should work. That is what I use and so far haven't had any issue.
 
0
•••
Dustie said:
I'm a graphic artist, but don't belong to any professional organization. I purchased graphicarts.com thinking I could register a DBA (doing business as) with the state and county I live in, and use that liscense number. So are you saying this won't work?

In that case, is there anyway I can keep from losing this domain name?
graphicarts.com is a strong generic keyword dot com with no registrant licensing restriction. Its a type in traffic magnet and will get spillover from other extensions thanks to the ingrained subconscious strength of dot com. Congratulations!
 
0
•••
*graphicarts.com* I think he meant .pro but had .com on his mind ;)
 
0
•••
Hi

Dear .pro takers. Why not we request sedo to conduct an exclusive auction for .pro alone and I think this is the right time for that. Any thoughts....are welcome.

I think if all of us make a request it will be worth asking for. It is again a suggestion .....


Previous sale history of .pro results from namebio.com

clasificados.pro sold for $5,000 on 2008-06-16 at sedo.com
merchantaccount.pro sold for $1,999 on 2008-05-15 at sedo.com
payday.pro sold for $1,99520 on 08-05-08 at afternic.com
chef.pro sold for $3,650 on 2008-05-01 at sedo.com
hobby.pro sold for $200 on 2008-02-18 at sedo.com
exam.pro sold for $250 on 2007-10-27 at sedo.com
profile.pro sold for $200 on 2007-10-16 at afternic.com
solo.pro sold for $350 on 2007-03-30 at Sedo
streaming.pro sold for $18,000 on 2007-03-21 at AfterNic
stream.pro sold for $11,000 on 2007-03-21 at AfterNic
movie.pro sold for $22,000 on 2007-03-21 at AfterNic
video.pro sold for $35,000 on 2007-03-21 at AfterNic
help.pro sold for $210 on 2007-03-16 at Sedo
tennis.pro sold for $410 on 2007-03-16 at Sedo
foto.pro sold for $6,100 on 2007-02-21 at Sedo
play.pro sold for $1,272 on 2007-02-16 at Sedo
photography.pro sold for $2,210 on 2007-01-21 at Sedo
fashion.pro sold for $1,000 on 2006-12-06 at Afternic
reno.pro sold for $500 on 2006-08-18 at Afternic
live.pro sold for $2,000 on 2006-03-28 at Sedo
macau.pro sold for $1,900 on 2005-11-07 at Afternic
executive.pro sold for $588 on 2005-11-01 at Afternic

All the Best.


sundari.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back