Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION THESE ARE NOT MY NAMES

s.biz 8,211 $US
g.biz 9,400 $US
a.biz 10,099 $US
r.biz 8,855 $US

Would you have paid these prices for these names :?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not really. I would rather have a good domain with a clear use than a one character .BIZ

Brad

•••
Not really. I would rather have a good domain with a clear use than a one character .BIZ

Brad

My thoughts also, you can see from my sig one of the few .biz that I own and that is an IDN, does mean Beijing in Chinese though so a definite use. :gl:

•••
I think those a really great:gn: and I'll bet they all get bought

•••
That auction was possibly the biggest event of fallacy in domain history. There was a keyword.me auction that had ridiculous prices, but this was even worse IMO.

•••
Well, naturally, I disagree, Dub...

...Provided the owner has a strategy for using the domain.

I own M.biz....ie Mobile Biz....which I'm branding as a TLD generic platform to promote 'all things Mobile', under my overall NewMediaFrontiers brand.....Eg Mobile Money, Mobile Music, Mobile Movies, Mobile Shopping, Mobile RealEstate, Mobile Communications etc etc etc + a lot of other current & future Mobile Internet sites (See my Sig).

M.biz is very unique....Impossible to forget....Impossible to misspell, too...LOL....and, I think a natural to brand as 'Mobile Biz' on the Mobile Internet.

Its early days in developing the concept yet - but, if I get the concept right - and, promote it well - I reckon in years to come - and, with what the Mobile Internet promises to be - the price I paid for the unrepeatable opportunity with M.biz, will turn out to have been peanuts...:)

Last edited:
•••

On the nail, and I do like M.biz but I wonder how many of the others were simply bought on spec:?

•••
Personally I'd prefer show.biz to s.biz but that’s just my opinion.

•••

I mostly agree, but one can only go so far with that. Even Microsoft was unwilling to offer higher than $200k for LiveSearch.com. It was either obtain the domain that matched the name of their service or rebrand the whole thing to Bing. You know what happened.

I own M.biz....ie Mobile Biz....which I'm branding as a TLD generic platform to promote 'all things Mobile', under my overall NewMediaFrontiers brand.....Eg Mobile Money, Mobile Music, Mobile Movies, Mobile Shopping, Mobile RealEstate, Mobile Communications etc etc etc + a lot of other current & future Mobile Internet sites (See my Sig).
So M.biz, marketed as Mobile Biz, is going to be the portal for all of your .mobi sites. Did you come up with this yourself or are you working with a developer? Because I can't imagine anyone with experience signed off on this. Either way, good luck with the project.

•••
Even Microsoft was unwilling to offer higher than $200k for LiveSearch.com. It was either obtain the domain that matched the name of their service or rebrand the whole thing to Bing. You know what happened.

Can you substantiate such a big claim with any evidence? I don’t think non-affordability of an amount more than $200k was the reason for Microsoft behind re-branding their entire search engine program.

Last edited:
•••
Can you substantiate such a big claim with any evidence? I don’t think non-affordability of an amount more than $200k was the reason for Microsoft behind re-branding their entire search engine program.
Stop thinking like a stereotypical domainer. Just because a company has a lot of money doesn't mean they are going to massively overpay for a domain. This mindset is why the vast majority of domainers rarely sell anything.

The only evidence we have is that they offered $40,000 for LiveSearch.com and their final offer was $200,000 and valid for only 24 hours. We also know they were planning a $100 Million ad campaign for their search engine. Obviously they wanted to move forward with the Live brand.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back