Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello NP,
I'm probably going to get chewed out again for this but here goes. After reading many many auctions on NP. I see all these people starting auctions on here at $1. Obvious it's a sales tactic to "capture" the eyes. I get it. But it always depressed me as that I'm sure most of us did not pay $1 to register domains most of us have kept domains for years and these $1 auctions basically "suck the air out of the room" for all the rest of us who just try to get back whatever money we've spent on registrations and renewals.

I believe if we all just collectively quit selling at auctions starting at $1 we'll eliminate all the people who just want to take advantage.

I mean if you have done something stupid like keep renewing a domain because you believed it was good and probably still is. Then why lose all you have spent on it just to attract attention?

This is why I created this thread hopefully to help out the rest of us in a bind and just want someone to "buy us out of our lease" so to speak.

Why must we go strait for the sucker move and short change ourselves and sell our domains at $1? and lose all the money we've spent on renewals?

It's crazy! But no one has ever thought of a solution. so here goes. This thread is an OPTION.

Got a good domain? Just want to "get out of it"? Post it here as a link to your NP Domain For Sale thread in that section on NP.

ONE RULE. You can't ask for more than what you paid in registration and renewals. NO EXCEPTIONS.

It's easy enough to figure out. You can put a price for say for example 3 years of renewals at say $20 and we can go by the honor system here and if the buyer agrees you can sort it out in private or in public.

Second Rule. Do not submit counteroffers for domains here. This is just a BUY NOW thread.

You can put a link here to your NP Domains for Sale thread in that section.

Yes there is a domain sales page but this is just my attempt at creating a laser targeted specific section on NP where people can come and just unload a domain to get back everything they've spent on it. IF THEY DON'T WANT TO GO THE $1 Starting AUCTION Route.

We're not all jerks on here right? If one of our BROTHERS IN ARMS is in trouble and has a good domain why should we try to take it from him for just $1?

I mean if he or she spent $26 for a domain in renewals why shouldn't he or she get back their losses. IF THE DOMAIN IS OBVIOUSLY STILL HAS VALUE????

So if you are tired of losing money at $1 Starting auctions on domains you've spent $20-$50 in renewals.

Come on in kick back relax and just tell us why you think we should "Buy You OUT" of your domain?

So do you have any domains burning a hole in your pocket and you just want to get back the money you've spent on it? Then POST IT HERE.

Ready? Set? GO!

(Dear Moderator. I just thought up this thread so forgive me for posting it here. I did not really know where to put this so I'll let you decide where to put it.)

I hope you guys can appreciate what I'm trying to do here as I am in the same boat.

I hope we can start a new trend with this thread on NP. I mean seriously. Who here is tired of starting $1 auctions that end with just $1? or $3? when all we really want is to get our money back for reg and renewals?

So what's your domain that you just want to get back your money for reg and renewals?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the auctions aren't making it past a few $, why would an artificial price floor start bringing in more money?

So, someone should pay $25+ for a domain that wouldn't get above $1 in auction just to keep from hurting someone's feelings?

This seems like a poorly thought out attempt to get more than a few dollars when you liquidate your own domains.

•••
If the auctions aren't making it past a few $, why would an artificial price floor start bringing in more money?

So, someone should pay $25+ for a domain that wouldn't get above $1 in auction just to keep from hurting someone's feelings?

This seems like a poorly thought out attempt to get more than a few dollars when you liquidate your own domains.
Agreed to this. Also, if someone is looking for a minimum price, why post it as a BIN when you can always start the auction at that price?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back